Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!!

• 21-10-2013 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, Just wondering if anyone can advise, I have a leak in a shower, on the outside corner where the door connects to the wall and the base of the shower, I have had the same plummer look at it 3 times now, the first two times he added more sealant, the first time it seemed to have fixed it but the tenants living there at the time they never told me that the leak was back, so I didn't find out until 6 months later, the second time was back in July, he has checked the pipes under the shower and says its definatly not from them, when the leak came back a week ago he said that as the doors hadn't been properly fitted in the first place that they would have to be replaced, (doors are 3 years old) he said that the tray shouldn't have to be replaced, last Friday the doors were replaced, and sealed and the shower wasn't used for 24 hours but the leak was back (and worse) on Sat, I called him this morning and he said that this could be normal as the doors have to be resealed, I don't know if this is right and if I should just cut my losses and get a new plummer, but he did come as a good recommedation from a friend whose shower he also fixed, any advice welcome,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

It hard to know what the fault is without seeing it.A close up picture of the inside corners of the shower door and a the seal on the shower tray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

if he didnt get it right the the other 3 times i wouldnt be calling him back.
    get somebody else in..check the waste connections..check that there is sealent behind the door,the silicone should be put on first and the door afterwards.not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PHM27

Thanks for both replys, I didn't take any picture so couldn't attach any, but it's a good thing to remember for the next time, he came back and fixed it again on Tuesday, all seems fine at the moment, however if it happens again, I'll just find a new plummer. Thanks again.

Advertisement