Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com - Copa Del Boards World

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Id never heard of him but need wingers, apparently Juve bought him in real life!...Kinda hope i don't get him now...lol

You can still withdraw bids after theyve been accepted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

swoody wrote: »
    i like your Falcao deal but the rest i'm not so sure. personally i think you've made some bad signings....sorry!

With all due respect, I'm not trying to impress you with my deals :D

The players I've been buying are ones I really like and even if my results don't reflect the club stature, I'll still be very happy using players I'm excited by.

I know in Spurs I've also made what some would consider "bad deals" that favour other teams but it all comes down to one question; "Am I happy with the players I've got for the players I've lost?"

And honestly, so far, I am. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's going to be tough when the time comes to part with some of my youth players knowing that the next Messi or Xavi is probably among them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

The players I've been buying are ones I really like and even if my results don't reflect the club stature, I'll still be very happy using players I'm excited by.

I know in Spurs I've also made what some would consider "bad deals" that favour other teams but it all comes down to one question; "Am I happy with the players I've got for the players I've lost?"

I'd be the same. I've bought an old 91 right back, an 88 left/right back, Ganso an 89 that I bought purely because I like him and a young 89 striker, costing me about €40m + two part exs. Other managers would have done it differently but I'm happy with what I have. I am on the look out for a young 91+ striker but that'll come in time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Thanks man..

Id never heard of him but need wingers, apparently Juve bought him in real life!...Kinda hope i don't get him now...lol

Juve didnt buy Manolo Gabbiadini in real life......they own 50% of him. Bologna sold their half to Sampdoria and Juve agreed to give him to them.

Zenit are rumoured to be interested in buying Gabbiadini in January.

also Gabbiadini will be part of the Italy squad in Brazil next year..... FACT!

• Advertisement

if your no fan of Ramos i'll gladly take him off you....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Happy enough with my signings so far, Ter Stegen, Terry, Schennikov, Diego, Dzagoev and Di Natale in

Would like a couple of more but so far nothing looking likely at the minute unless I sell a couple of players first

so happy you posted it twice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

It's going to be tough when the time comes to part with some of my youth players knowing that the next Messi or Xavi is probably among them.

Don't worry it'll be easy once you realise that ain't the case!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

so happy you posted it twice...

Don't know what you are talking about, you must be seeing things:D

• Advertisement

Seamo87 wrote: »
    Don't worry it'll be easy once you realise that ain't the case!!! lol

Players will always be replaced!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Fingers crossed that young Harry decided he prefers sunny madrid over Paris!
    The deal reported to be worth 240,000 involving Free Agent Harry WILSON and Paris Saint-Germain has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Harry WILSON will now make a decision which club he wants to join shortly.

The offer, rumoured to be in the region of 275,000, for Free Agent Harry WILSON from Atlético Madrid has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Harry WILSON will now decide which club he wants to join. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Haha, any player mentioned on the soccer forums new players thread gets people clammering to blind buy them. Hilarious stuff.

That thread is a trolls paradise.

you should get him but i've noticed recently that some better bids have lost out to smaller clubs (obviously not the case here) and i've seen players can reject the move completely... (happened to me in another league with Landon Donovan).

he's crap anyway...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Seaneh wrote: »
    BTW guys, willing to trade Robinho + Nocerino for a 91+ rated AMR.

Holla.

I can offer you Snejder for that if your interested

Digitalism wrote: »
    Haha, any player mentioned on the soccer forums new players thread gets people clammering to blind buy them. Hilarious stuff.

what you on about.....? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

what you on about.....? :confused:

Just make up some ****e about a highly rated youngster is after being added, and watch people in game worlds all over the world throw bids at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

trudub83 was unable to prevent a Leeds United defeat to ACF Fiorentina.
    Leeds United lost 5 - 4 to ACF Fiorentina in a thrilling Friendly encounter.
    Gignac, Weimann and Dos Santos were amongst the goalscorers.

After getting destroyed by Sligo Rovers 4-0 yesterday, this happens...

Soccer Manager logic :pac:

Conceded against Sligo, damn defence

Just make up some ****e about a highly rated youngster is after being added, and watch people in game worlds all over the world throw bids at him.

i dont read much of those threads but still

he's a 16 year old with 2 international caps for wales going for peanuts.... PROFIT!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Tinie steered Internazionale to victory against Cork City.
    Internazionale beat Cork City 3 - 2 in their Friendly fixture.
    Costa scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    álvarez and Palacio were also amongst the goalscorers.

Tight enough match, unusually my loanee, Icardi, played against me. Didnt think that was allowed. I suppose it was a friendly though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

if your no fan of Ramos i'll gladly take him off you....

Sure. Give him to you for Cavani and Motta ;)

Meanwhile....

Dave Shadow steered Real Madrid to victory against Manchester United.
    Real Madrid hammered Manchester United 6 - 0 in their Friendly fixture.
    Ronaldo was in fantastic goal-scoring form and bagged 4 goals, later being voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Falcao was also on the scoresheet for his side.

No sentimentality today. And Falcao gets a brace in his debut :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Looks like the opening fixture might be harder then I thought.

James Mcconville earned a draw with FC Porto against Celtic.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between FC Porto and Celtic in their Friendly fixture.
    González was on the scoresheet for his side.

Simon Woodward earned a draw with Paris Saint-Germain against Real Sociedad.
    The match ended 2 - 2 between Paris Saint-Germain and Real Sociedad in their Friendly fixture.
    Silva scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Lucas was also on the scoresheet for his side.

35px-Football_icon.pnggold-star.png

1965509_full-lnd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I dont read the soccer forums other than the Newcastle Thread :rolleyes:

I just know that this kid played his first full international against belgium 2 weeks ago ( granted it was only a few minutes but surely it shows there is potential there)

you should get him but i've noticed recently that some better bids have lost out to smaller clubs (obviously not the case here) and i've seen players can reject the move completely... (happened to me in another league with Landon Donovan).

he's crap anyway...... :rolleyes:

Haha, my initial bids was 300k, had to adjust that down as with the deals I've done I only had 280k left :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

2-1 win away to Arsenal with Torres getting a goal to keep his place for tomorrow's match. Happy days :)

I dont read the soccer forums other than the Newcastle Thread :rolleyes:

I just know that this kid played his first full international against belgium 2 weeks ago ( granted it was only a few minutes but surely it shows there is potential there)

Haha, my initial bids was 300k, had to adjust that down as with the deals I've done I only had 280k left :p
    was guuna go to 350k but then thought fcuk it its just a game. i've already picked him up in other leagues, i dont need him here so left it as it was. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

First win of preseason, 2-0 against everton and if the stats are anything to go by, I could have have a bag full. 65% possession and 10 shots on target and 11 corners.

Huzzah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Reggie Blinkered steered SS Lazio to victory against Tottenham Hotspur.

SS Lazio outclassed Tottenham Hotspur and beat them 5 - 2 in a thrilling Friendly encounter.

Klose scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Hernanes and Lulić were also amongst the goalscorers.

Have won all my friendlies so far, just hoping it continues when it matters!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I can offer you Snejder for that if your interested

sorry, not the position I'm looking to improve.

Advertisement