Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickstarter..

Options
  • 21-10-2013 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a question about kickstarter I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with:
    To set up a project you have to be in UK,US,etc. You cannot be based in Ireland. However a number of people have gotten around this, as is shown here: http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/places/dublin-ie

My question: how do these people do this? Do they have a friend based in the UK that sets up the project, the company and use their (UK resident) credit card and other info.
    Or
    is there a company that facilitates this service for you for a price?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I'd suggest the people in the best position to advise you are at the end of that link you posted. They've already done it so they could be a mine of useful information.

Pick a couple of candidates from the link in your post, drop them an email and ask how they did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I'm doing that as well. Just thought someone here might know something about it.

The only thing I can tell you is that most attempts at crowdsourcing in Ireland fail. The exception to this appears to be arts type projects with €xxx or low €xxxx funding targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Graham wrote: »
    The only thing I can tell you is that most attempts at crowdsourcing in Ireland fail. The exception to this appears to be arts type projects with €xxx or low €xxxx funding targets.

why do you think that is. any logical explanation? would the projects have failed regardless of where they are based?

Can't say I've investigated it too much to be honest so my evidence is purely anecdotal.

Have you found any similar projects (targetting Ireland) looking to raise similar amounts that have succeeded?

You'll find it harder to study the projects that failed to raise their target as most of the crowd funding web sites hide these are soon as the project deadline has passed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79139070. Does not appear to have changed much since... Would be interested to find more up to date empirical data!

Advertisement