Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pup unwell

• 21-10-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi, just looking for some advice. My pup vomited twice this afternoon. Two hours after her lunch then again an hour later. Brought her to the vet at 6 as she refused all food. He said her tummy was tender and it was either an upset or she ate something she shouldn't have.

I changed her food from maxi zoo select gold puppy last week (with a couple of days on burns as we ran out of the select and don't live near a maxi zoo) to taste of the wild on Thursday. Now I only did half/half for a couple of days as I figured I had moved quickly to burns and she had been fine. Anyway she's been on taste of the wild fully since Saturday and all been fine, no regurgitation/loose poop. My only issue with it is I think the kibble is too big for her. She's a 5 month mini schnauzer.

Could the food moves have caused this upset tummy? Or the kibble size/taste of the wild not suit her?

I'll be giving her boiled chicken and rice tomorrow morn and if she doesn't eat it or continues to vomit I'm to bring her back to vet first thing. Thanks.

Edit: just remembered she ate some seaweed yesterday, could it be that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Is it Taste of the Wild puppy food? Do they do a small breed one?

Could she have got hold of something she shouldn't, in the nature of puppies chewing, could she have got hold of a sock or something, that could be causing a blockage? Has she had a poo today?

Aw, poor little pup, I hope she gets better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Eating rotten seaweed ended up with my dog going to the vets when she was a pup. She had the runs too though. Vet gave an antibiotic if i remember right. She was fine after a few days. Just make sure your pup is drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jazbee

muddypaws wrote: »
    Is it Taste of the Wild puppy food? Do they do a small breed one?

Could she have got hold of something she couldn't, in the nature of puppies chewing, could she have got hold of a sock or something, that could be causing a blockage? Has she had a poo today?

Aw, poor little pup, I hope she gets better soon.
    I couldn't find a puppy food one when I looked online and the description said for all life stages. Will check it out again and see is there a more suitable one. No I doubt if it could be a sock or anything..she loves chewing cardboard but rarely ingests any just spits it out.

I edited to add about the seaweed. She probably ingested some of that as she was on a long lead and we didn't get to her quick enough! That was yesterday early afternoon.

She had a poo today was normal.

nala2012 wrote: »
    Eating rotten seaweed ended up with my dog going to the vets when she was a pup. She had the runs too though. Vet gave an antibiotic if i remember right. She was fine after a few days. Just make sure your pup is drinking.

Thanks for that. Her poos were normal last night and this morn. She won't drink much so might give her some in a child's medicine syringe. Vet gave antibiotic and Zantac and some else too just in case. Thanks.

Edit: Found taste of the wild for puppies on a different website. Can't believe I just went ahead and ordered the other one without checking. Puppy one is on order. Thanks muddypaws

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My dog was sick 3 times yesterday after eating something bold in the park so possibly she's eaten something that didn't agree with her. I fasted him for the evening then gave him his normal amount of food split into smaller meals to be safe but he's fine today!

Advertisement