Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Vista Local Access Only

Options
  • 21-10-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Rented a laptop from the college and when I took it home and when I connected it to my eircom Internet it came up local acess only and unidetified network.

The only way I can access the Internet on the laptop is using a Ethernet cable. I've posted a few pics in attachments sorry if they're a bit blurry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If you haven't set up the wireless to connect to your router then it isn't going to automatically connect. You need to view available wireless connections. Choose to connect to your router then enter the security type and password when asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Your WLAN adapter may not be compatible with the encryption type.

Go to your eircom router interface. Enter 192.168.1.254 into your browser address bar (password if required should be broadband1), navigate to Wireless Network and lower the encryption strength, say from WPA2 to WPA, and try again.

Advertisement