Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus UL - City Center

• 21-10-2013 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning on visiting Limerick City from the 27th of October - 1st of November. On the Tuesday however I will be taking a day trip to Cork City and I need to figure out how to get to the city center from UL on Tuesday morning. I will need to be at Limerick Bus Station for 9am. How do I do this? Is there a bus I can get. Where would I get the bus from UL to city center and how much would it cost.

Thanks, :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Hi,

I'm planning on visiting Limerick City from the 27th of October - 1st of November. On the Tuesday however I will be taking a day trip to Cork City and I need to figure out how to get to the city center from UL on Tuesday morning. I will need to be at Limerick Bus Station for 9am. How do I do this? Is there a bus I can get. Where would I get the bus from UL to city center and how much would it cost.

Thanks, :D
    I'm pretty sure there's a bus from ul that goes to the city centre (debenhams) it took me a good while to get to town from ul when i got the bus but it was at quite a busy time so it could be different for you?Its a bus eireann bus (301 or 304) so maybe go on the bus eireann website and check for yourself?.Open to correction on this though not 100% sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

The 304 bus goes from UL to the city centre to Ballycummin, and that is the one you'd want to get.

Around UL, it stops just inside the flags, at the first roundabout inside the entrance, outside the Paddocks, and just outside the East Gate.

How long it takes varies at what time of day it is....It's normally about 20 minutes, but I imagine the traffic at that time could be very bad, and I'd get it at around 8 just to be on the safe side.

It costs €1.80, as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Just as a matter of interest does anyone have a rough idea how much a taxi would cost?

I got a taxi from UL to town early in the morning a few weeks ago, took about 15-20 minutes (at around 9:15), cost me €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Fireball07 wrote: »
    I got a taxi from UL to town early in the morning a few weeks ago, took about 15-20 minutes (at around 9:15), cost me €10.

Thanks, If I can scrape the money together I might get a taxi instead as I'd hate to miss the bus to cork!

• Advertisement

If you were at the bus stop at 8, I'd say you'd definitely make town for half 8 or so. If you were to leave at 20 past 8 though, you mightn't make it...

Advertisement