Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 7 Results

Options
  • 21-10-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Vikings run wild over Giants 51-20

Giants on a tough run of late came up short against the Vikings.

A number of key plays cost them including a couple of interceptions and sacks when Manning was about to get the ball off. Peterson breaking off the first play of the game for 50 odd yards summed up where the Giants struggled in the game.

Giants were always setup well to cover the pass and just took a bit too long to reign Peterson in.
    I felt the score flattered me as if it wasn't for a couple of key plays that all went my way could have been a very different scoreline.

Comments

Dolphins lose to the Bills 27-23.

Probably shouldn't have bothered playing it since I'm leaving as I put no effort into it and pissed around after an early stoppage.

I just ended up letting Madden call my offence/defence and picked blitz plays over and over.
    Once they got a good lead I pretty much gave up and still nearly caught them running money plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Pack beat the Browns, 30someting to 20 something. Some good throws, some bad sums this one up. Less bad for the packers wins the game.

Charles record didn't last long as the race for most yards in a game heats up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

madalig12 wrote: »
    Pack beat the Browns, 30someting to 20 something. Some good throws, some bad sums this one up. Less bad for the packers wins the game.

Charles record didn't last long as the race for most yards in a game heats up.

The variety of off tackle, and draws in the Vikings play book is something to behold. Some seriously good blocking in that game for Peterson.

Nelbert wrote: »
    The variety of off tackle, and draws in the Vikings play book is something to behold. Some seriously good blocking in that game for Peterson.

Our divisional games (along with the bears is it?) will be epic, all are 5-1 and looking set for the playoffs with other divisions struggling.

Our divisional games (along with the bears is it?) will be epic, all are 5-1 and looking set for the playoffs with other divisions struggling.

Bears handing me my a$$ earlier in the season.

Ponder, Patterson and Jennings are the secret weapons.... Peterson has the subtlety of a brick to the face in terms of weapons. He's just a beast.

• Advertisement

Bears handing me my a$$ earlier in the season.

Ponder, Patterson and Jennings are the secret weapons.... Peterson has the subtlety of a brick to the face in terms of weapons. He's just a beast.

Not any more, man up on Jennings and Patterson, and send the rest to stop the run...I've got you sussed now:pac:

Pondernator vs the Rodgerer!

Not any more, man up on Jennings and Patterson, and send the rest to stop the run...I've got you sussed now:pac:

Pondernator vs the Rodgerer!

Rudolph into the flat wide open.....

You need to get Crotchery so you can get your Crotch Rodgered.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cowboys scrape past the Eagles 21-17.

The game was absolutely bonkers. I started strong on D, forced a punt, scored a TD in 3 plays, then forced another punt, but then threw a pick. On Knex's drive, he threw a short pass to Jason Avant, who got hit instantly, and the ball zapped straight into my LB Justin Durant's hands, like, ridiculously fast, I thought it was an interception, but the screen said fumble, and there was a delay for a few seconds. It was the oddest thing Ive ever seen in Madden.

I threw 3 more picks and couldn't get any consistency on offense, on D I began to struggle, DeSean Jackson had 10 catches, all of them out routes which were wide open despite me having 3 zone defenders in the area, nothing I tried could stop him. But the Eagles came undone with fumbles, the worst one being a Foles fumble on a scramble with 20 seconds left.

Good game Knex. Good luck with the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Crazy game alright, but thoroughly enjoyable. I genuinely shouted "What the ****?!" at the Avant lateral like pass to your linebacker. Was just absolutely nuts.

For me, turning points were probably the two fumbles within 40 yards of your goal, and not being able to capitalize on my punt that had you on your own 3 yard line. Stopped you in the back field next play, putting you on your 1 yard line, only for you to make a huge gain through the middle next play. Pretty much same thing happened right after again. Also, completely missed the ball for your first drive in that 70 yard gain with Bryant :o

Had seen your stats before the game and thought I was going to get hockeyed, so happy enough in the end, even if I am a little gutted with how it ended with that Foles fumble at the death.

Best of luck with the rest of your games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Vikings run wild over Giants 51-20

Giants on a tough run of late came up short against the Vikings.

A number of key plays cost them including a couple of interceptions and sacks when Manning was about to get the ball off. Peterson breaking off the first play of the game for 50 odd yards summed up where the Giants struggled in the game.

Giants were always setup well to cover the pass and just took a bit too long to reign Peterson in.
    I felt the score flattered me as if it wasn't for a couple of key plays that all went my way could have been a very different scoreline.

Yeah, even in the 2nd half when I did cop that you just kept running to the right with AP and tried to adjust for it more often than not he just ran over the extra defender on that side :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Knex. wrote: »
    Crazy game alright, but thoroughly enjoyable. I genuinely shouted "What the ****?!" at the Avant lateral like pass to your linebacker. Was just absolutely nuts.

For me, turning points were probably the two fumbles within 40 yards of your goal, and not being able to capitalize on my punt that had you on your own 3 yard line. Stopped you in the back field next play, putting you on your 1 yard line, only for you to make a huge gain through the middle next play. Pretty much same thing happened right after again. Also, completely missed the ball for your first drive in that 70 yard gain with Bryant :o

Had seen your stats before the game and thought I was going to get hockeyed, so happy enough in the end, even if I am a little gutted with how it ended with that Foles fumble at the death.

Best of luck with the rest of your games.

After I forced a punt, scored a TD then forced a punt on the first 3 drives I thought I was going to walk it, and that I had you figured out, but I got really careless with my passing game after you totally nullified the run game, and you became tough to predict on offence, so fair play to you on that one, I've played a few people across a few leagues who roll over after a start like you had.

Makes our division interesting for sure.

Yeah, even in the 2nd half when I did cop that you just kept running to the right with AP and tried to adjust for it more often than not he just ran over the extra defender on that side :o

Once you figured it out though it was much better. The amount of off tackle runs in my playbook is stupid! My tight ends, full back and o-line all had a great game against you. Your DEs are more geared towards getting after a QB and your defence playbook is setup that way so wasn't an easy adjustment for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

I remember that one time when you ran to the left and JPP stopped him for negative yardage, then I figured okay so the run to the left didn't work for him how about a run to the right. Oh hey I was right, he did run to the right.....and he's gone for 30 yards :mad:

Then there was a stage when AP had about 330-335 yards late in the 4th and since the game was well over at that stage I was just determined not to let you break the record that Jamal Charles had just gotten this week. Every stop for a loss or no gain I cheered a little inside :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I remember that one time when you ran to the left and JPP stopped him for negative yardage, then I figured okay so the run to the left didn't work for him how about a run to the right. Oh hey I was right, he did run to the right.....and he's gone for 30 yards :mad:

Then there was a stage when AP had about 330-335 yards late in the 4th and since the game was well over at that stage I was just determined not to let you break the record that Jamal Charles had just gotten this week. Every stop for a loss or no gain I cheered a little inside :o :pac:

Jamal Charles...my god...Perrin TRASHED me

Yeah at that point it was the only thing left for us to play for! Hence why I kneeled as soon as it was secured! Wasn't sure if I was annoying you by keeping at it but good to see you knew what I was doing and saw it as a challenge!

Yeah my left tackle isn't as good at sealing the edge, will be working on that in practice though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Jamal Charles...my god...Perrin TRASHED me
    As I said in the game if it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all plus some of those picks were mad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sim league lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,659 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Chargers beat the CPU Jags 35-17. Not the prettiest of games, only 400 yards offense in total, but Rivers had a great game with no picks and a 144.6 rating. Unfortunately a fumble from Mathew meant that we had one turnover.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans lose by a TD to the 9ers (this wont be a usual write up as the laptop was out of juice)

9'ers controlled it on the ground with nearly 30 running plays for Gore and 190 odd yards and 2 TDs, watching him truck LB after LB is soul destroying and the odd time he is stopped, Kaep takes off for 170 yards and 2 TDs

Kaep was 7/11 the air, a key point in the game was the Titans forcing a fumble on the KO but not recovering, we were neck and neck for scoring at that point

Good game Carroler, the running attack was impossible to stop

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Jets complete the double over the Pats. 42-34

Was much happier after this game than the last as i kept it competitive till the end.
    Was disappointed not to capitalise on the breaks that fell my way tho.
    1st was a safety after a massive punt to the 3yd line by Allen.
    2nd was a fumble by Powell that i recovered but i ended up throwing an INT in the endzone a few plays later.
    3rd was pinging the crossbar on a 50yd FG with the game at 2-3.
    Holmes was a nightmare to cover all game, think he finished with 230yds recieving.
    Keep getting burned on screen plays, have to work on it.

Have completely given up on J.Boyce WR as he can't catch a thing even when wide open and I've boosted all his catching stats!!! Welcome back M.Slater!!

Was happy with Ridleys play again, really hard for tacklers to bring down and still on a hot streak from game 3!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement