Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa - notice of error

Options
  • 21-10-2013 8:53pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I bought a gift card on my debit card about 11months ago, never used it and the shop closed down about 3 months later. I meant to ring up Visa and ask could I go through their insurance to have it refunded but never did. Firstly is this covered by insurance on the card and secondly, if it is, what is the deadline for notifying Visa about such a thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

CramCycle wrote: »
    I bought a gift card on my debit card about 11months ago, never used it and the shop closed down about 3 months later. I meant to ring up Visa and ask could I go through their insurance to have it refunded but never did. Firstly is this covered by insurance on the card and secondly, if it is, what is the deadline for notifying Visa about such a thing.

With a "Credit Card" you have up to six months to raise a chargeback, not normally with debit cards.

I assume your reference to "Visa" means it is a "Visa Debit Card". Your Query would not be with Visa, but with the Bank (AIB/BoI/UB/PTSB etc) that issued the card.

But (by your timeline) the store closed 8 months ago, I doubt if will get anyway with this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Neither did I but thought I'd ask, just annoying but if they were still open the gift gift card would be out of date before I realised.

Advertisement