Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what coating

Options
  • 21-10-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Alright guys.
    I am looking to purchase an aquarium soon.
    I am looking to have it personalized. Im into marvel vomics and am looking to have some action figures inside.
    I am aware these need to be coated first to prevent corrosion and poisoning of the fish inside.
    Does anyone know what this coating is?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Alright guys.
    I am looking to purchase an aquarium soon.
    I am looking to have it personalized. Im into marvel vomics and am looking to have some action figures inside.
    I am aware these need to be coated first to prevent corrosion and poisoning of the fish inside.
    Does anyone know what this coating is?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

chopper6 wrote: »
    :confused:

Saw it on fish tank kings on Nat Geo once. Same kinda thing. They painted the figures in a see through covrring and left it 24 hrs to dry.
    Can't recall what it was though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think it's polyurethane but it's not something I've done myself. Might give you something to google though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

There is definitely a varnish you can use. I've heard people use it on homemade backgrounds for tanks.

Post on www.irishfishforum.com and someone will know.

Advertisement