If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 40inch TV

Options
  • 21-10-2013 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys! 
    Can you quote me a price for Samsung 40" 3D LED TV --- UE40F6740SBXXU
    Also interested in Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet 2
    Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Unfortunately that particular model is not a model that we stock at present.

There doesn't appear to be a huge amount of Samsung dealers who stock this model and not really sure why but unfortunately it's not one that we can get.

Is there a particular reason for this model and have you got pricing on it ?

Thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CK15

Dave, 
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    I like the look of this TV and the spec.
    I saw it in HN in blanchardstown for €999 
    Any suggestions for similar spec in Samsung or LG .
    Also if you do the Samsung 10.1 Tablet 2 can you quote me for that too .
    Need delivery to Dublin 

Thanks 
    Chris

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

CK15 wrote: »
    Dave, 
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    I like the look of this TV and the spec.
    I saw it in HN in blanchardstown for €999 
    Any suggestions for similar spec in Samsung or LG .
    Also if you do the Samsung 10.1 Tablet 2 can you quote me for that too .
    Need delivery to Dublin 

Thanks 
    Chris
    CK15,

apologies for the delivery gettng back to you.

There are a number of options starting with:

the Samsung 40F6100 - we have a couple of these left brand new boxed that we are clearing at just £499.95 / €609.99 - 3D, 200Hz Samsung motion processing, Freeview HD and the same 'Crystal design'..

Moving up we have the Samsung 40F6320 at £549.95/ €669.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40f6320/sams-ue40f6320

Dual Core processor / Smart TV / Active 3D / Full web browser 

And coming close to the top of the Samsung range we have the 40F7000 at £999.95 / €1199.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40f7000/sams-ue40f7000

This is a complete beauty and comes with a redemption vouched for £75 against another Samsung product included in the price.

The other really strong alternative is the Panasonic TXL42FT60 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42ft60b/pana-txl42ft60b
    THis is a truly stunning TV with a built in Freesat HD satellite tuner and an outstanding 1600Hz motion processing engine - it walks all over most of the competitors! It also comes with a free Apple iTouch by redemption from Panasonic at the moment for a bonkers £799.95 / €989.99.

Unfortunately we are completely out of stock of Galaxy pads at the moment :(

Keep us posted if we can assist and happy shopping!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The other really strong alternative is the Panasonic TXL42FT60 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42ft60b/pana-txl42ft60b
    THis is a truly stunning TV with a built in Freesat HD satellite tuner and an outstanding 1600Hz motion processing engine - it walks all over most of the competitors! It also comes with a free Apple iTouch by redemption from Panasonic at the moment for a bonkers £799.95 / €989.99.
    I may regret this....

Is this guy saorview approved, I assume the free delivery (as advised on separate thread) is still available.
    Also, the space this is to go into is exactly 96cm so if you have one on display it would be great if you could measure it as the specs on your website are coming in at 95.6cm.

In stock?

Regards
    S1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Also, do you happen to know what version ipod touch?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 CK15

Dave, 

Can you suggest an LG model with the same spec as the Samsung and Panasonic TV's listed above

Thanks 
    Chris 

slave1 wrote: »

I may regret this....

Is this guy saorview approved, I assume the free delivery (as advised on separate thread) is still available.
    Also, the space this is to go into is exactly 96cm so if you have one on display it would be great if you could measure it as the specs on your website are coming in at 95.6cm.

In stock?

Regards
    S1
    Slave, thanks for the post,

Yes the 42FT60 is fully saorview approved http://www.saorview.ie/product/panasonic-3/ but I cant do free delivery at this ultra low price - I had offered free delivery at £899.95 - but with £100 off the margi's just too tight - but I'll do delivery at £19.95 / €24.99 to keep the price keen.

The TV is exactly 956mm wide - if you are wall mounting it into a 960mm space - that will make it a difficult install and you will have to really preceicely set up your bracket - if you are stand mounting it, then it will fit no problem.

We have the 42FT60 available ready to ship from our main stores in Manchester, but stocks are reasonably tight,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

slave1 wrote: »
    Also, do you happen to know what version ipod touch?
    To be honest I'm not sure and the Panasonic site doesnt enlighten me - I'd assume its a basic 16GB model - but again I'm not completely sure - the Pana reclaim url is: http://promotions.panasonic.co.uk/offer/ft60-smart-viera-tv-ipod-touch/

John Mc

CK15 wrote: »
    Dave, 

Can you suggest an LG model with the same spec as the Samsung and Panasonic TV's listed above

Thanks 
    Chris 
    There are no LG model that include a Freesat HD tuner that would allow direct comparison with the Panasonic or Sammy models as quoted - however the LG 42LA740 does have a satellite tuner built in and is an 400Hz model so that would probably be the closest comparison - it's excellent quality and a little less expensive than the Sammy or Pana options at £699.95 / €849.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42la690v/lg-42la690v

Keep us posted if any of the above are interesting!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.