Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Luas restrictions on marathon day?

Options
  • 21-10-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    My girlfriends brother is running the Dublin marathon on Monday and myself and herself are hoping to travel up from Limerick early Monday morning to give him some support! I'm hoping to park in the red cow park and ride and get the Luas in, will it be running as usual or are there restrictions and cancellations due to the marathon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Can't imagine any stoppages at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

If you look at the course map you will see that the race crosses the Luas red line twice, once at O'Connell St and once at Rialto.

The crossing at O'Connell St will likely have the Luas terminating at Smithfield for a period of time, the crossing at Rialto is a road bridge and will not affect the service.

HTH

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Excellent, thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

There's no mention of restrictions on luas website whereas Dublin Bus site has all the timetable changes.

But what dazberry said above does make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

From www.LUAS.ie
    Friday 25th October 17:30hrs

Important information for passengers traveling on Bank Holiday Monday 28th October.

In order to facilitate the Airtricity Dublin Marathon 2013, the Luas Red Line will operate between Tallaght/Saggart and Smithfield only between 09:00hrs and 10:30hrs, after which a full Luas Red Line service will resume.

• Advertisement
Advertisement