Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage - how much would I get?

Options
  • 21-10-2013 11:18pm

hi, so im just wondering what amount of mortgage i could get now? how is it worked out?
    i know years ago they (the banks!) just threw money at people.
    i have a house and mortgage, but am planning on selling up in the next year or two. i have a 3 bedroom house (detached) in south county dublin, so i believe that i should be able to sell it and hopefully it should sell for over my mortgage.

anyway, i dont need a 3 bed, im a single woman and would be looking to move to a 2 bed closer to town.

how do they work out the mortgage now? obviously i wouldnt get the same amount as they were throwing at me years ago for my last house!!
    saying that, my income has lowered obviously, i take home approx 60k a year now.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

In the absence of any great amount of detail- and presuming you don't come to the table with debts- somewhere in the region of 250-300k sounds plausible.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

60k a year after tax and with no other debts and no dependants they would easily give you 240k. Talk to the banks and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Impossible to even guess without knowing what age you are...

killers1 wrote: »
    Impossible to even guess without knowing what age you are...

I'm in my late 30's! ( as far as I'm willing to go on a public forum ). I reckon I would have about 60k in cash. No debts. As i would be selling one property first, would they take into account my previous payments? as in they could see I was paying 1550 a month for few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

bubblypop wrote: »
    i take home approx 60k a year now.
    After tax or before?

I earn in excess of 60K and was only offered 230K at the start of this year - significant savings, no debts, proven history of saving/rent. I had been offered 240K the previous year when when my salary was lower.

I am currently renewing my application. My salary inclusive of bonus, overtime will be around 80K. I do not expect a mortgage offer in excess of my previous one.

Mortgage rates are far higher now than they had been. Mortgage offers reflect this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement