Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manga Online

Options
  • 21-10-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

First post. Is there somewhere I can buy Manga ebooks or a subscription service like Crunchyroll for anime?

Search is just returning "free" sites.

Arigato,

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

No subscription services springs to mind - I know a few publishers provide eprints but that is about it. After enjoying crunchyroll so much I could signup for something similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

There was Jmanga for a while but it failed because despite having good titles its interface was terrible.
    Some publishers publish stuff through the kindle store (Kodansha and Vertical I think?) There's some on comixology I think as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jimai

Thanks guys,

That's a bit disappointing but I'll check out the Kindle store.

Are you allowed to recommend some online sites for the physical stuff?

Arigato,

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Bookdepository is the best if your ordering single volumes since it has free delivery.

Ah, thebookdepository. Didn't know they sell manga - usually buy my books from them too, doh!

Arigato,

J.

• Advertisement

BAKA! Both Amazon and thebookdepository have loads of Manga. Feeling like a right idiot now :(

So, while I am at it, where can I buy original Japanese Manga? This is more in support of the Authors (for those Manga that hasn't been translated).

Arigato,

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Now that I look I notice Crunchyroll actually has a Manga section ...

And I see you already found out by the other thread :)

But it's a bit steep. The Anime sub only gives the current issue. You'll need to fork out for the Premium sub to get back issues!

In case anyone is interested, both amazon.co.jp and cdjapan.co.jp ships to Ireland. It's obviously expensive but worth it if you are getting a few things. Custom might be a problem. If I ever order anything, I'll update this.

Advertisement