Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life -

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

robindch wrote: »
    Don't quote me on it, but I remember reading somewhere that one religion banned beer, whiskey, wine, sausages and rashers.

Can't see that one ever being very popular.

Clearly there is no depth, no lower limit on the depravity and evil to which religion will not stoop. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Obliq wrote: »
    You are wronging my awared. Boys grow to be men, men are not icky, QED boys not icky.

Hmmm....Well, sometimes they ick. Fair enough so, carry on.....

Yes, we ick all the time. Indeed I would be worried if I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Beruthiel wrote: »
    My usual weekend breakfast that is!

Wot? No babieeeees?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

legspin wrote: »
    Wot? No babieeeees?

Babbies is high in cholesterol so it's good to give the body a break at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

how is babby formed

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    how is babby formed

Best I can work out the soulful gross and the souless gross use magnets to create a spark we can't see and that makes soul/noSoul and flesh form around soul/noSoul but soul goes away if not awarded of/by/to godhead.

Failing that sperm + ovum + syringe*

*turkey basters = urban myth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

bluewolf wrote: »
    how is babby formed

Babby is not formed. :eek:

Babby is found, fully formed, in garden under gooseberry bush.

Nature often grows things together that are good to eat together.

Fatty, cholesterols babby plus tart gooseberries. Very yum.

Animord wrote: »
    Babby is not formed. :eek:

Babby is found, fully formed, in garden under gooseberry bush.

Nature often grows things together that are good to eat together.

Fatty, cholesterols babby plus tart gooseberries. Very yum.

Birdies ate all my gooseberries - did they eat babbys too???? :eek:

Have avians been abortings in my garden???? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

<rant>

Where's the tea? Where's the rancid Yak butter in that tea? And, most importantly of all, where's the practical guide to sweeping and allied cleaning duties as vouchsafed by Ms. Marietta Cosmopolite, 9 Quirm Way, Ankh-Morpork?

Without them you don't gots no philosophy chum.

Take electricity, for example. Electricity moves between gross elements and through a gross wire. But the electricity itself -- it is not those elements, not that wire. It is subtle.

Being serious (the way of Ms. Marietta Cosmopolite is a way to profound intelligence through the use of brooms, it doesn't necessarily include seriousness):

1) Consciousness is an emergent property of brain functions. When a brain gets complex enough it becomes consciousness. The soul is just a bad explanation for consciousness, as evidenced by most cultures inventing the concept placing it anywhere other than the brain.

2) And this explains god how? I'm not getting into electricity explanations myself as I haven't the foggiest (other than it being a property of the negative charge of electrons, and them being stripped from atoms being at fundamentals the way to "create"* electricity), but I'm sure someone here could explain to me, or at worst, I could ring my brother over across the water.

* I'm putting parenthesis around create here, because it's the wrong word, due to the law of Thermodynamics which states: "Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only change from one form to another." I'm just too lazy^ to find the right word.

^ Being lazy is often more labour intensive than not being lazy I know, example, this post.

• Advertisement

It is the relocation of electrons and as such it is gross movement of physical entities, I have a very low tolerance of Chopraesque abuse of the word "quantum" to mean spiritual (or whatever he thinks he means)

To Deepak Chopra quantum means "anything I can sell to gullible idiots".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    *turkey basters = urban myth.
    ha, tell that to all the babby Turkey's!

Cabaal wrote: »
    Gravity is created by the FSM pushing down on all of us using his noodly appendages.

So, what you're saying is, basically, that the Queen song "Under Pressure" is a paean to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, he of the most sublimely noodly appendages.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I think "you can't recall in perfect detail every second of your life, therefore God exists" has to be the most extraordinary non-sequitur that I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Zillah wrote: »
    I think "you can't recall in perfect detail every second of your life, therefore God exists" has to be the most extraordinary non-sequitur that I have ever seen.

No, it's only the most extraordinary one that you remember seeing.

Therefore, BOW TO NAPKIN-GOD

napkin-religion.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That's a tautology not a non-sequitur :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So, we have to invent a rascáls wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I'd imagine that as being similar to Homer Simpson's musing.
    What if we picked the wrong religion? Every week we're just making God madder and madder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Oh cool, I don't think we've ever had a Hare Krishna try to convert us before, have we?

Feels like back in 1990 when I finally got Toto Scillaci to complete my sticker book. Guy was like gold dust for a long time.

Jaya - the Dublin Hare Krishna sect/branch/cadre, the ones that work O'Connel st recently added a new song to their set list. Basically the same lyrics (may be slight differences, not sure) but they seem to have jazzed up the tempo a bit or something. What's with the new track? Is it even a new one or have those lads just been at the garlic and onions and lost the run of themselves a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

strobe wrote: »
    What's with the new track? Is it even a new one or have those lads just been at the garlic and onions and lost the run of themselves a bit?
    i heard off one of them that snorting garlic powder gets you high. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

He's in the Philosophy forum c&p'ing the same rubbish. Under a different name, mind you.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

He's in the Philosophy forum c&p'ing the same rubbish. Under a different name, mind you.

That's against sitewide rules- I'll pop over and report it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Haribol2332

Gordon :- remove your link from my article original link is snip

and you placed your link www.snip on my article which is already © copyrighted.
    _______
    and if you will not remove your link ( www.snip ) from my article then i take action today now. and you will be able to see result sooner that what happens when you stole © copyrighted article .
    ________

and take it as warning and remove your link from my © copyrighted article otherwise i will sue you in the court. do you understand that ?
    _______

im simply saying this thing that remove your link ( www.snip ) from my article which is already © copyrighted and if you will not do it then i will take certain action. in due course of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I have removed your spam from your latest post, and replaced it with 'snip' again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ah, lawsuits. The most enlightened resort of the whiny pseudoreligious spammer.

Advertisement