Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

challenge henley or Ironman Wales?

Options
  • 22-10-2013 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Going long next year or hoping to if i keep off the physio bench. Could anyone give feed back on these races for a first timer? i chose these as it'll give me a full summer to train. thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

topcat77 wrote: »
    Going long next year or hoping to if i keep off the physio bench. Could anyone give feed back on these races for a first timer? i chose these as it'll give me a full summer to train. thanks in advance!

You'll have eh, a "challenge" doing Henley next year...it is moving to a to-be-announced new location.

http://www.challengetriuk.com/

Wales sounds like a seriously tough course - wherever the Challenge race ends up, it is likely to be a more benign environment...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Wales is supposed to have a great swim, but one of the tougher bike courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Oryx wrote: »
    Wales is supposed to have a great swim, but one of the tougher bike courses.

Long run from swim up to T1 too
    Run I think is a 3 x loop of the town, lumpy and it wasn't short this year as it was in 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Did I hear that there's a new IM event for the UK in 2014 too? Or is Henley being bought by IM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

A bit petty having the two of them on the same day :confused:

Advertisement