Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council House Offer

Options
  • 22-10-2013 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi . We have been offered a council house in our old local area. Does anyone know when you receive your keys do you begin to pay rent straight away or do do you get a couple of weeks to move?

My husband and I are private renting, as we dont live close to the property it will take us about (guessing) 10/14 days to move all our things.

It would be tough paying rent on the Private rented property and the council property at the same time while moving. We both work part time also so there is no way we could move any quicker I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you are proposing to spend two weeks occupying two properties then you will have to be prepared to pay two rents. Would it not make a lot more sense to hire a van and move everything at once?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mrsmammy4

looksee wrote: »
    If you are proposing to spend two weeks occupying two properties then you will have to be prepared to pay two rents. Would it not make a lot more sense to hire a van and move everything at once?

I wouldn't have the time to move that quickly and plus I have to see out the notice ive given to my landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Explain the situation and they might arrange something.Even offer to pay the two weeks in installments as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

mrsmammy4 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have the time to move that quickly and plus I have to see out the notice ive given to my landlord.

Pack your boxes when your in the house and then plan the move. Move should only take 5 hours max

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elighsmom

They usually give a month before you have to pay rent so you can furnish , give notice to current landlord

• Advertisement
Advertisement