Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi Honey

Options
  • 22-10-2013 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a local honey.

Preferably a small local beekeeper that produces their own honey and sells it direct.

Can anybody recommend someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

FF, I dont know of any local to DL, but if by chance you are looking for that famed hayfever cure by consuming local pollen, my long suffering wife tried a few local craft honeys from a short distance away from our homeplace and they did not make a single bit of difference to her. If anything, a very top range manuka honey is the way to go, not because of the pollen but it has very potent natural anti-inflammatory properties which improves allergic reaction

If you just want some for your brown bread then tell us if you find a nice one!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The guys in select stores may be able to help you. If they don't stick it they could probably point you in the right direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

This is purely and simply for my toast and porridge, not hay fever or anything.

Select stores was my first thought, but whilst I do like the shop, I'd rather not pay their sky high prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

One of the markets I would have thought?
    http://www.dun-laoghaire.com/markets.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

talk to these guys http://www.waterfallfarm.ie/ they sell local produce and would undoubtedly point you in the right direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,944 ✭✭✭✭josip

The garden centre in Carrickmines stocks honey that's produced from hives they keep up at the back of their plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

There's a farm at the back of Bohernabreena lake that sells it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

josip wrote: »
    The garden centre in Carrickmines stocks honey that's produced from hives they keep up at the back of their plot.

Where's the garden centre? I must have missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,944 ✭✭✭✭josip

Doyle's nursery on Brennanstown Road which on the web says Cabinteely but because all the houses around there are so big I assumed it was Carrickmines/Foxrock :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

josip wrote: »
    Doyle's nursery on Brennanstown Road which on the web says Cabinteely but because all the houses around there are so big I assumed it was Carrickmines/Foxrock :D.

Slightly off topic but I'd put Cabinteely ahead if Carrickmines in the big house and money stakes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

^ By a long shot. Brennanstown Road is proper old money.

Fred, if you want proper local honey, you could ask the beekeepers association if there is any local bee keepers. I would there would be at least one in the local.

http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie/federation/affassoctxt.html#codublin

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I got some recently in the health shop in the Swan Ctr in Rathmines, however, the Honey Show'll be on the 2nd Nov in the church in Rathgar - which is where I was recommended to go when I asked the County Dublin Beekeepers Ass a few weeks ago :)

Advertisement