Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair changed schedule of my flight

Options
  • 22-10-2013 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Ryanair has changed the schedule of my booked (return) flight. I cancelled the outbound flight only on their website and booked a new outbound flight via London.
    It was 3 weeks ago but I haven't received any confirmation or my money back. What I worry about that my inbound flight status. (the online form allowed me to cancel both out/inbound flights or just one of them)
    Since I cancelled I've received two more email notification about the schedule change and even a text message.

I tried to call Ryanair's customer service but everytime I try the line disconnects saying too many calls :(

Anybody cancelled a flight partially? Did it work? Or shall I book another inbound flight as well?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

You don't get money back for cancelling your flight, but you can claim the tax back on it. Log in to the manage you booking section to see your flights which are already booked if you're worried about which ones are on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

You don't get money back for cancelling your flight, but you can claim the tax back on it. Log in to the manage you booking section to see your flights which are already booked if you're worried about which ones are on the system.

Same thing happened to me recently with a flight change (which I was okay to change) and there's a link in the email for requesting a refund. I'd be very surprised (even by Ryanair's standards) if you couldn't get a refund for a flight that they have changed time on.

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me recently with a flight change (which I was okay to change) and there's a link in the email for requesting a refund. I'd be very surprised (even by Ryanair's standards) if you couldn't get a refund for a flight that they have changed time on.

I've re-read the OP and still can't figure out exactly what has happened.

OP, did Ryanair change the flight time for a flight meaning you had to rebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CommShepard

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

ryanair changed my booked flight, the new time was not suitable for me, so they must refund the flight if I choose to.

in ryanair's notification email there was a link to cancel the flight and request a refund (they refund it as they changed the flight)

On the online form I could select one or both leg of the flights to cancel, I only cancelled the outbound flight.

But the form did not create a reference number after completion, Ryanair hasn't confirmed that my outbound flight has been cancelled but my inbound flight is allright and I cannot reach them over thye phone. :(

Ok well then they should refund you the cancelled flight. Have you tried the manage my booking bit on their website to see what's on the system?

• Advertisement

I checked, it did show the return flight (with the new flight time)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

but Ryanair are a point to point airline - I don't understand how you could book *return* flights - were they 2 separate bookings?

you can book return flight even with Ryanair :)

Finally Ryanair confirmed my cancellation. I've just received an email from them, now if I check my flight online it's not a return flight anymore. It took almost 4 weeks for them to come back to me and my money will be sent back to me in another 7 days...

Advertisement