Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible Customer service - still waiting for efibre to be installed

Options
  • 22-10-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

[font=Noteworthy","serif] [/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]Seems Im having a similar nightmare to other people who have the misfortune of dealing with eircom. Below i have copied in the complaint i sent to eircom 5 days ago[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]Timeline of our dealings with eircom:[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]Ordered Broadband Date: Sep 18th[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]Engineer Contacted me: Sep 23rd[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]Installation Date: Oct 8th (date which I moved to new house). Engineer never arrived[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]Current Status: still waiting for installation and no install date set[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]I am a currently in the process of moving house and since upc is not available I decided to try eircoms efibre. I am a business owner and work from home, it is essential that I have a reliable and fast Internet connection.[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]       I am writing to inform you off the appalling service I have re dived already from eircom.[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]       On Sep 23rd I was called by one of your engineers who I gave directions to my new home and arranged an installation on the morning of 8th Oct.[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]        Around 11 am on the 8th Oct I rang to make sure that the installation was still going ahead. I made 4 calls to eircom on that day and here is a summary of how they went[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]     Phone call 1 11 am: I was told 'there is a problem with the system and the installation info has dropped off it' but if the engineer said he'll be there he probably will, so leave it till 1pm and call me back if he does not arrive. [/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]      Phone call 2 1.15pm: this girl seemed promising as she was going to contact the installations team to find out what was going on, unfortunately after about 10 minutes on hold I was cut off. Not sure if she hung up or if it was a bad line, but she seemed like she was genuinely trying to help so it was probably the connection. [/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]       Phone call 3: got through to a guy who said he will call me back when he finds out what is going on - he never did.[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]       Phone call 4: got through to a girl who I explained everything to and how I needed to have the connection in that day, as I would be travelling to Germany on a business trip the following day. She made it very clear that she would not be making any effort to rectify this error in a timely manner. She said 'it will take 5 days for you to receive a phone call from us and then we will arrange an installation'[/font]
    [font=Noteworthy","serif]        Well now it's been 7 business days, and I've still heard nothing from eircom. This is a very disappointing start to our relationship. What are you going to do about this? And can you please get someone out here immediately to install our broadband?[/font]

[font=Noteworthy","serif]The above complaint was sent 5 days ago and Suprise suprise, No reply from their complaints department, what a ridiculous company. I tried calling again a few times, but you always get the same BS reply, “let me mark this as urgent” etc. Well it apparently been marked as urgent since Oct 8th[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

RazzleDaz wrote: »

Seems Im having a similar nightmare to other people who have the misfortune of dealing with eircom. Below i have copied in the complaint i sent to eircom 5 days ago

Timeline of our dealings with eircom:
    Ordered Broadband Date: Sep 18th
    Engineer Contacted me: Sep 23rd
    Installation Date: Oct 8th (date which I moved to new house). Engineer never arrived
    Current Status: still waiting for installation and no install date set

I am a currently in the process of moving house and since upc is not available I decided to try eircoms efibre. I am a business owner and work from home, it is essential that I have a reliable and fast Internet connection.
           I am writing to inform you off the appalling service I have re dived already from eircom.

On Sep 23rd I was called by one of your engineers who I gave directions to my new home and arranged an installation on the morning of 8th Oct.
            Around 11 am on the 8th Oct I rang to make sure that the installation was still going ahead. I made 4 calls to eircom on that day and here is a summary of how they went

Phone call 1 11 am: I was told 'there is a problem with the system and the installation info has dropped off it' but if the engineer said he'll be there he probably will, so leave it till 1pm and call me back if he does not arrive. 

Phone call 2 1.15pm: this girl seemed promising as she was going to contact the installations team to find out what was going on, unfortunately after about 10 minutes on hold I was cut off. Not sure if she hung up or if it was a bad line, but she seemed like she was genuinely trying to help so it was probably the connection. 

Phone call 3: got through to a guy who said he will call me back when he finds out what is going on - he never did.

Phone call 4: got through to a girl who I explained everything to and how I needed to have the connection in that day, as I would be travelling to Germany on a business trip the following day. She made it very clear that she would not be making any effort to rectify this error in a timely manner. She said 'it will take 5 days for you to receive a phone call from us and then we will arrange an installation'

Well now it's been 7 business days, and I've still heard nothing from eircom. This is a very disappointing start to our relationship. What are you going to do about this? And can you please get someone out here immediately to install our broadband?

The above complaint was sent 5 days ago and Suprise suprise, No reply from their complaints department, what a ridiculous company. I tried calling again a few times, but you always get the same BS reply, “let me mark this as urgent” etc. Well it apparently been marked as urgent since Oct 8th

Hi RazzleDaz

Sorry to hear of the the ongoing issues you have been having with your efibre order.

If you want to PM me with your telephone number name and address and I can look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RazzleDaz

Seems Im having a similar nightmare to other people who have the misfortune of dealing with eircom. Below i have copied in the complaint i sent to eircom 5 days ago

Installation Date: Oct 8th (date which I moved to new house). Engineer never arrived

I am a currently in the process of moving house and since upc is not available I decided to try eircoms efibre. I am a business owner and work from home, it is essential that I have a reliable and fast Internet connection.
           I am writing to inform you off the appalling service I have re dived already from eircom.

On Sep 23rd I was called by one of your engineers who I gave directions to my new home and arranged an installation on the morning of 8th Oct.
            Around 11 am on the 8th Oct I rang to make sure that the installation was still going ahead. I made 4 calls to eircom on that day and here is a summary of how they went

Phone call 1 11 am: I was told 'there is a problem with the system and the installation info has dropped off it' but if the engineer said he'll be there he probably will, so leave it till 1pm and call me back if he does not arrive. 

Phone call 2 1.15pm: this girl seemed promising as she was going to contact the installations team to find out what was going on, unfortunately after about 10 minutes on hold I was cut off. Not sure if she hung up or if it was a bad line, but she seemed like she was genuinely trying to help so it was probably the connection. 

Phone call 3: got through to a guy who said he will call me back when he finds out what is going on - he never did.

Phone call 4: got through to a girl who I explained everything to and how I needed to have the connection in that day, as I would be travelling to Germany on a business trip the following day. She made it very clear that she would not be making any effort to rectify this error in a timely manner. She said 'it will take 5 days for you to receive a phone call from us and then we will arrange an installation'

Well now it's been 7 business days, and I've still heard nothing from eircom. This is a very disappointing start to our relationship. What are you going to do about this? And can you please get someone out here immediately to install our broadband?

The above complaint was sent 5 days ago and Suprise suprise, No reply from their complaints department, what a ridiculous company. I tried calling again a few times, but you always get the same BS reply, “let me mark this as urgent” etc. Well it apparently been marked as urgent since Oct 8th

Hi RazzleDaz

Sorry to hear of the the ongoing issues you have been having with your efibre order.

If you want to PM me with your telephone number name and address and I can look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark
    well now its been 41 days since I ordered efibre from eircom and I still have no idea of when/if they are going to install the service, definitely the most incompetent and frustrating company I have ever dealt with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    well now its been 41 days since I ordered efibre from eircom and I still have no idea of when/if they are going to install the service, definitely the most incompetent and frustrating company I have ever dealt with
    Hi RazzleDaz

I sent on your case to a manager when you PM'd us last REF: 1161991

Did you get any update since then.

Thanks, Mark

Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Eircom has not contacted me at all since. I rang again yesterday, the guy i got through to rang some other department(escalations I think),  I was on hold for about 25 minutes, but at least he was trying to find out how a month and a half after ordering I am still without even an install date. He said something about another system failure or the order/escalation case not going through. He said I will be contacted in the next few days, but after all the false promises I'm not sure.

Can you contact anyone to help get me an install date? As I said this is negatively affecting my ability to work

Regards,

Darren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Eircom has not contacted me at all since. I rang again yesterday, the guy i got through to rang some other department(escalations I think),  I was on hold for about 25 minutes, but at least he was trying to find out how a month and a half after ordering I am still without even an install date. He said something about another system failure or the order/escalation case not going through. He said I will be contacted in the next few days, but after all the false promises I'm not sure.

Can you contact anyone to help get me an install date? As I said this is negatively affecting my ability to work

Regards,

Darren
    Hi Razzle
    Mark has raised this as a priority and I can confirm that you will be contacted on this.  Again our apologies it has taken this long and I hope to have some update later this afternoon. We
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Regards,

Darren
    Hi RazzelDaz
    We have spoken with appropriate section, I have been informed you should have received a call and that a tech will be out Monday next week..
    Let us know here if there is any further delay, issue or query and we will chase for you...

Again our apologies it took this time to get a clear response, but hope all goes well for you now.
    Tony

Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Regards,

Darren
    Hi Razzle
    Mark has raised this as a priority and I can confirm that you will be contacted on this.  Again our apologies it has taken this long and I hope to have some update later this afternoon. We
    Tony
    Hi RazzleDaz
    Tech has been delayed on earlier job, but will give you a call as soon as he can to arrange work.
    Tony

Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    Hi RazzleDaz

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

Regards,

Darren
    Hi Razzle
    Tony
    Hi RazzleDaz
    Tech has been delayed on earlier job, but will give you a call as soon as he can to arrange work.
    Tony
    More nonsense from eirom, I was told yesterday someone will be here this morning, Im told this afternoon they should be there before 5pm, now its 5.30 and of course no one has arrived and im waiting yet again for someone to get back to me with another ridiculous excuse. Now waiting 2 months to get one of their 'technicians' up to install efibre. what a useless excuse for a company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

HI RazzleDaz

Really sorry to hear this, has the technician been in touch with you yet?

Thanks

Al

HI RazzleDaz

Thanks

Al
    another install date set for tomorrow, lets see what happens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

HI RazzleDaz

Thanks

Al
    another install date set for tomorrow, lets see what happens

Hi RazzleDaz

I can understand the disappointment this can cause and I'm very sorry for this. Please keep us update on the progress.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement