Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newark airport to Midtown

Options
  • 22-10-2013 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

anyone know what iis the best way to get into midtown from Newark airport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

NJ Transit trains go from Newark airport to Penn Station in less than 30mins. They run between every 10/20mins and it's about $12.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 minaeire

AlfaZen wrote: »
    NJ Transit trains go from Newark airport to Penn Station in less than 30mins. They run between every 10/20mins and it's about $12.50.

Do I get the air tran from the terminal to a specific station?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

You will need to get the AirTrain to Newark Librity Station. I think it cost about $5. I think you can buy your ticket to Penn Station when getting your AirTrain ticket. It's been a while since I've used it. Worth checking out the websites for theAirport and for NJ transit.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

AirTrain to the "proper" train station is free , just get on from your terminal, takes about 5 minutes .

You can buy your train ticket in the terminal before you get on the AirTrain. Return ticket is $25

Train journey takes about 25-30 mins and brings you to Penn Station (Madison Square Garden) - Just across the road from Macys and about a 10 minute walk to Times Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

There's a really easy shuttle bus to Times square. also stops at bryant park and grand central.

It leaves every 25 mins so there's usually one waiting outside the terminal and it takes about 20-25mins in to Manhattan.

No screwing around with finding the station or tickets for trains etc. Just go outside the terminal and get on.

http://coachusa1.reachlocal.net/olympia/ss.newarkairport.asp?rl_sitelink=187787

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

InTheTrees wrote: »
    There's a really easy shuttle bus to Times square. also stops at bryant park and grand central.

It leaves every 25 mins so there's usually one waiting outside the terminal and it takes about 20-25mins in to Manhattan.

No screwing around with finding the station or tickets for trains etc. Just go outside the terminal and get on.

http://coachusa1.reachlocal.net/olympia/ss.newarkairport.asp?rl_sitelink=187787

Id advise against taking the coach depending on the time of day you can get stuck trying to get into the lincoln tunnel for a long time. The train is the way to go. Very easy take the airtrain to the rail station then there's a train every 15 to 20 mins into Penn Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 minaeire

jjbrien wrote: »
    Id advise against taking the coach depending on the time of day you can get stuck trying to get into the lincoln tunnel for a long time. The train is the way to go. Very easy take the airtrain to the rail station then there's a train every 15 to 20 mins into Penn Station.

I have heard the traffic at the tunnel is crazy during rush hour.
    Sounds like the bus and train are the cheapest and easiest way. Not staying far from penn station so this looks like the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Did the train twice last week at the height of rush hour. Easy as pie. $25 round trip.

Based on NYC traffic I would only entertain the shuttle bus in the middle of the night

Advertisement