Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre / eVision Order

Options
  • 22-10-2013 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Yesterday I placed an order (twice after chatting to the online chat to make sure it had gone through as he could not see it completing properly) for eFibre package with home phone and eVision - I did get an email but nothing with a reference number on it just a "thank you for choosing eVision" message.

Can someone check that my order did actually go through?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi
    Yesterday I placed an order (twice after chatting to the online chat to make sure it had gone through as he could not see it completing properly) for eFibre package with home phone and eVision - I did get an email but nothing with a reference number on it just a "thank you for choosing eVision" message.

Hi jaggiebunnet

I checked with the efibre online team. They did confirm they received your request. I check the telephone number / details you PMd us previously.

efibre orders for your area / address are not going to be issued until late October - early November. However a member from the efibre back office team will contact you when they can process the order (on the contact details provided)  to insure you wish to ahead with the order and package.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Hi

Hi jaggiebunnet

I checked with the efibre online team. They did confirm they received your request. I check the telephone number / details you PMd us previously.

efibre orders for your area / address are not going to be issued until late October - early November. However a member from the efibre back office team will contact you when they can process the order (on the contact details provided)  to insure you wish to ahead with the order and package.

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks Mark.

Hi

Hi jaggiebunnet

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks Mark.
    No problem jaggiebunnet

Mark

Hi Mark

Just following up here as I don't want to spend hours on the phone.  I got a mail last week with order details etc, but no installation date - when will i be contacted with that?  It basically said
    "Installation Date and Time*:                                        ".

Now there was nothing to indicate what the * was for either so I am none the wiser.

Cheers
    J.

After getting home last night I had a letter from Eircom to confirm my bank details and that the direct debit is setup - as I have no date for an installation I expect that there will be no charges coming out of my bank account until it is installed?  

• Advertisement

After getting home last night I had a letter from Eircom to confirm my bank details and that the direct debit is setup - as I have no date for an installation I expect that there will be no charges coming out of my bank account until it is installed?  
    Hi jaggiebunnet

I am having trouble locating the PM you sent previously. As far as I can remember you may have sent it from a different boards user profile.

Can you send it on again please.

Mark 

Hi Mark - no I only have this boards id.  It is ok - I called eircom and got a case number for the eFibre team to get back to me about.  There is no date for installation on my file and I was concerned I would miss them.

Hi Mark - no I only have this boards id.  It is ok - I called eircom and got a case number for the eFibre team to get back to me about.  There is no date for installation on my file and I was concerned I would miss them.
    Hi,

Sorry about that I found the efibre order REF: 572827 as well as the case with the efibre escalations team ID: 1197903

I have sent a follow up to them, They advised they were able to issues efibre orders for that area last week. There is a lead time of 10 working days for installation. However I have asked them to push the case for you.

Mark 

Hi Mark - I got a call Thursday lunch time to say I would get a call withing 48 hours for an installation time - needless to say 48 hours have come and gone with no call and no installation date.  Seriously thinking about just cancelling this at this stage.

Hi Mark - I got a call Thursday lunch time to say I would get a call withing 48 hours for an installation time - needless to say 48 hours have come and gone with no call and no installation date.  Seriously thinking about just cancelling this at this stage.
    Hi jaggiebunnet

Sorry to hear that, I will follow up with the efibre team and get back to you.

Mark

• Advertisement

72 hours and still no callback.  I will give this to the end of the week and then just cancel if I don't hear anything.

Hi Mark

Just wanted to follow up here - I got eFibre and eVision installed this morning - whole process was very painless and very well done.  Happy with the installation (ok I only get 39MB's download but I can get over that) - but a big fly in the ointment is that RTE 2 (and 1) is not in HD.  After getting on to chat where I had been told it would be in HD for free they said it is not available and that they don't know what they are going to do with this.  The RTE being in HD was confirmed in another thread here so it would seem we are being fed lies about the fact that HD is free for RTE?  Can you look into this - at the very least HD should be turned on until they sort out how to segregate RTE.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Mark

Just wanted to follow up here - I got eFibre and eVision installed this morning - whole process was very painless and very well done.  Happy with the installation (ok I only get 39MB's download but I can get over that) - but a big fly in the ointment is that RTE 2 (and 1) is not in HD.  After getting on to chat where I had been told it would be in HD for free they said it is not available and that they don't know what they are going to do with this.  The RTE being in HD was confirmed in another thread here so it would seem we are being fed lies about the fact that HD is free for RTE?  Can you look into this - at the very least HD should be turned on until they sort out how to segregate RTE.

Thanks

Hi jaggiebunnet

RTE HD is not included in the free/ essential pack. The following link includes a full list of channels which the essential pack offers: https://www.eircom.net/tv/channels

Thanks

Al

That is not what I was told by the eircom rep on chat at the time of ordering or led to believe in this forum.  Why would you have to pay HD for a channel that is already available free on Saorview?  Not to mention today on chat with someone from the technical unit that it was supposed to be free but eircom are unable to work out how to do so?

more misselling by eircom - for example saying you can get 70mbs when it is isn't possible yet?

I have worked out why my installation was done well this morning - because it wasn't eircom doing it - it was sub contractor - if it had been eircom themselves I am sure they would have screwed it up.

Can I cancel eVision?  I do not see the point of paying for something when I am getting a less that quality picture that I can pick up for free.

Not to mention here where i t states it is free

https://www.eircom.net/tv/m/features

"RTE Two HD is available free of charge to all customers able to receive HD channels."

https://www.eircom.net/tv/bundles

lies lies and more lies??

So with the fact that it is in fact in the terms and conditions

https://www.eircom.net/assets/static/pdf/tv/evision_tv_terms.pdf

9. RTÉ TWO HD (together with any other Channels provided in HD format by RTÉ) is not 
     subject to the payment of a Charge

When will I be getting RTE HD switched on ?

That is not what I was told by the eircom rep on chat at the time of ordering or led to believe in this forum.  Why would you have to pay HD for a channel that is already available free on Saorview?  Not to mention today on chat with someone from the technical unit that it was supposed to be free but eircom are unable to work out how to do so?

more misselling by eircom - for example saying you can get 70mbs when it is isn't possible yet?

I have worked out why my installation was done well this morning - because it wasn't eircom doing it - it was sub contractor - if it had been eircom themselves I am sure they would have screwed it up.

Can I cancel eVision?  I do not see the point of paying for something when I am getting a less that quality picture that I can pick up for free.
    Hi jaggiebunnet

I'm aware HD is free on other platforms and I can understand your feelings. I'll chase up on this for further information and get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks

Al

Hi jaggiebunnet

I'm aware HD is free on other platforms and I can understand your feelings. I'll chase up on this for further information and get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks

Al
    Please see my post above - RTE HD is free on eVision - it is stated in your Terms and Conditions.

Hi Jaggiebunnet

Thanks for the links and attachments, I see your point. You will also find that this link states the following:

"Great value HD
    Just €5 extra per month - no lengthy
    add-on contracts"

Seems to be confusion on this. I have requested clarification on this for you and as soon as I have news I'll let you know right away.

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Jaggiebunnet

YOu will find that this link clearly states the following:

"Great value HD
    add-on contracts"

Al
    And states at the bottom of the page "RTE Two HD is available free of charge to all customers able to receive HD channels."

Never mind the fact that the above is stated in your terms in conditions - I will put the link here again in case you missed it:

9. RTÉ TWO HD (together with any other Channels provided in HD format by RTÉ) is not 

Hi Jaggiebunnet

"Great value HD
    add-on contracts"

Al
    And states at the bottom of the page "RTE Two HD is available free of charge to all customers able to receive HD channels."

Never mind the fact that the above is stated in your terms in conditions - I will put the link here again in case you missed it:

Hi Jaggiebunnet

Thanks for the links and attachments, I see your point.

Seems to be confusion on this. I have requested clarification on this for you and as soon as I have news I'll let you know right away.

Al

Hi Jaggiebunnet

"Great value HD
    add-on contracts"

Al

Hi Jaggiebunnet

Al
    Thanks - I will be contacting comreg for mis-selling if this is not enabled.

Hi Jaggiebunnet

"Great value HD
    add-on contracts"

Al

Hi Jaggiebunnet

Al
    Thanks - I will be contacting comreg for mis-selling if this is not enabled.
    Thanks jaggiebunnet

I'll let you know as soon as possible

Thanks

Al

Hi Alan - any update?

Hi Alan - any update?
    HI jaggiebunnet

We have had no update yet, I'll let you know as soon as we do.

Thanks

Al

Any update on this - how long can it take to switch something on so that it matches what is advertised and what is promised to customers who sign up?

Any update on this - how long can it take to switch something on so that it matches what is advertised and what is promised to customers who sign up?
    HI jaggiebunnet

Apologies for the delay.

I'm still awaiting clarification on this from evision operations. As soon as I have feedback or clarification I'll be in touch with you here right away.

Thanks

Al

any update yet?

• Advertisement

any update yet?
    Hi jaggiebunnet

Yes I have had a further update that these channels should be included for you, however some information remains unclear which I am awaiting confirmation on. Can you please PM me your account number and contact details to assist me with this?

Many thanks

Al

Advertisement