Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolly Parton Tour

Options
  • 22-10-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭

Wahey!

June 10th Northern Ireland, Belfast, Odyssey Arena
    June 11th Ireland, Dublin, O2 Arena
    June 12th Ireland, Cork, Live At The Marquee

Tickets are on sale for the O2 on Friday and range from €60 up to €90.

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

I will be going!

She is a legend and I have the feeling this might be her last tour ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Wahey!

June 10th Northern Ireland, Belfast, Odyssey Arena
    June 11th Ireland, Dublin, O2 Arena
    June 12th Ireland, Cork, Live At The Marquee

Tickets are on sale for the O2 on Friday and range from €60 up to €90.

:D

Hi Mars Bar,

it's Friday week 1st November they go on general sale,

the o2 presale starts on 30th October.

and a fan club presale starts today 24th October,

I got this detail below, regarding the Dublin gig, from the ticketmaster page

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Dolly-Parton-tickets/artist/732891?spotlight_ren_od=1&tm_link=tm_homeA_4_f4

I wonder what seats are being made available for both the fanclub and 02 presale.

(the fanclub presale starts and lasts for six (and a third!:)) days before the o2 presale).

Onsale to General Public Start: Fri 01/11/13, 09:00
    Fan Club Presale Start: Thu 24/10/13, 09:00
    End: Wed 30/10/13, 08:00
    O2Dublin Start: Wed 30/10/13, 09:00
    End: Fri 01/11/13, 08:00

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah I spotted that yesterday. I hope they don't put all of the decent tickets out on the presales or I'll have to find someone with an O2 account.

Just looking at her website there that she has finished her membership for the fan club thing so it's only people who had memberships before January 1st who will have access to that pre-sale. Probably means there won't be too much sold for the next 6 days.

Just looking at her website there that she has finished her membership for the fan club thing so it's only people who had memberships before January 1st who will have access to that pre-sale. Probably means there won't be too much sold for the next 6 days.

That's interesting!

I had thought that having the fan club presale lasting six days, would be a way of encouraging people to join the fan club, who may only have done so, to ensure that they could get tickets before they go on general sale!:)

• Advertisement

That's what I would have thought too.
    With the great advancements and popularity on other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, we have decided to discontinue the paid Dollyites fan club beginning March 6th, 2013. All members who have placed an order for a new membership or have renewed their memberships on or after January 1st, 2013 will be fully refunded their membership fees. Users who have memberships beginning before January 1st, 2013 will be able to continue using their memberships through the duration of their original membership period. Please back up any information hosted on the Dollyites site as it will be permanently removed after the final membership has expired.

All future contesting, including meet & greet giveaways, will take place through Dolly's official Facebook page (http://facebook.com/DollyParton) as well as Dolly's official Twitter page (http://twitter.com/Dolly_Parton).

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Did you see the prices of the VIP Tickets raging between 365 and 601 Euros ... and you arent even guaranteed a Meet & Greet.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

SusanneKn wrote: »
    I will be going!

She is a legend and I have the feeling this might be her last tour ...

You don't say!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Looks like she'll finally get to play Glastonbury then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michellemul

anyone been to the Marquee before is it a good venue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

anyone been to the Marquee before is it a good venue?

Yes its a nice compact venue .
    Nice bonus of the marquee gig is that it isnt all seated so you can stand ,which I prefer.

The Marquee is a wonderful venue. Been there twice for Elton John.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michellemul

Thanks Mars bar and Zardoz, just one other question, I am planning on buying seated tickets for my parents. can you see the stage etc?

Can't answer you that as I've only ever bought standing tickets. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks Mars bar and Zardoz, just one other question, I am planning on buying seated tickets for my parents. can you see the stage etc?

Yes of course you can see the stage.
    There are seats at the back and at both sides .
    Furthest seat is probably 60 yards away from the stage .
    You can google pictures of inside it and see videos on youtube of gigs there to get an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Did anyone get their Dolly The Parton tickets in the O2 presale? I'm not a huge fan but me mummy is so she now has herself the best combined birthday/Xmas present ever.

Had 3rd row priority tickets but WAY off to the right so decided to go again and now it's all Block E! :o Could regret this move on Friday morning.

I think you will. I've been to The O2 for an all seated gig and just about any seat on the ground level is pretty good. My tickets were fourth row but a little over to the right but I'm sure they'll be just fine.

Does anyone know if it's possible for ticketmaster to display, once tickets have gone on sale, what seats are available and what seats are bought,

rather than just having a best available option.

The way it is currently, if you opt for best available, and you get selected seats that aren't the best, sometimes when you search again, you might then get seats closer to the stage than the previous selection.

I guess there may be a difficulty with gigs that sell quickly, if people are searching for tickets, if they then decide not to take them, these then go back on sale?

JJ wrote: »
    I think you will. I've been to The O2 for an all seated gig and just about any seat on the ground level is pretty good. My tickets were fourth row but a little over to the right but I'm sure they'll be just fine.

I've been to one seated gig there and I've seen how far out to the side those seats go.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if it's possible for ticketmaster to display, once tickets have gone on sale, what seats are available and what seats are bought,

rather than just having a best available option.

The way it is currently, if you opt for best available, and you get selected seats that aren't the best, sometimes when you search again, you might then get seats closer to the stage than the previous selection.

I guess there may be a difficulty with gigs that sell quickly, if people are searching for tickets, if they then decide not to take them, these then go back on sale?

They do that sort of thing for tickets at the Aviva Stadium. I used it when buying tickets for one of the upcoming rugby matches.

JJ wrote: »
    They do that sort of thing for tickets at the Aviva Stadium. I used it when buying tickets for one of the upcoming rugby matches.

and also the National Concert Hall,

there's an interactive seat map on ticketmaster for shows in the Gaiety Theatre, and at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre, they have an interactive seat map for Wicked The Musical.

It makes deciding on what ticket to take much easier, rather than guessing what else is available.

Sometimes with the best available function on ticketmaster, it might select a seat at the edge of row b, but doesn't say that there are seats, more centrally located, a few rows further back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

last show at o2 was not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm really looking forward to this! Been wanting to see her for years, finally getting a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I was hoping to get the presale tickets but they weren't great seats, so decided to take a chance and wait for the ones today. Didn't know whether I was doing the right thing by waiting, but I'm glad I did as I got great seats, much better than what the presale were offering.
    I seen Dolly the last time she came to Dublin and it was a brilliant concert. I'm really looking forward to seeing her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

Got 2 tickets :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Me tooooooooooooooooooo :D

Graceland wrote: »
    I was hoping to get the presale tickets but they weren't great seats, so decided to take a chance and wait for the ones today. Didn't know whether I was doing the right thing by waiting, but I'm glad I did as I got great seats, much better than what the presale were offering.
    I seen Dolly the last time she came to Dublin and it was a brilliant concert. I'm really looking forward to seeing her again.

That was my plan too. Until I remember at 10.30 this morning that they went on sale. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

That was my plan too. Until I remember at 10.30 this morning that they went on sale. :mad:

Did you actually get tickets even if they weren't as good as you wanted?

• Advertisement

Graceland wrote: »
    Did you actually get tickets even if they weren't as good as you wanted?

Didn't buy them yet, no!

Advertisement