Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolly Parton Tour

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Didn't buy them yet, no!

If you keep checking you could be lucky to get good tickets. I've often gotten brilliant tickets at the last minute myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Graceland wrote: »
    If you keep checking you could be lucky to get good tickets. I've often gotten brilliant tickets at the last minute myself.

That's what I'm thinking. I was supposed to get 3 tickets and seeing €300+ on the screen made me feel slightly anxious! Dad probably won't go now so it'll just be me and my Mam. It'll be easier to get two than three.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That's what I'm thinking. I was supposed to get 3 tickets and seeing €300+ on the screen made me feel slightly anxious! Dad probably won't go now so it'll just be me and my Mam. It'll be easier to get two than three.

Yes the tickets are expensive. But she does a good concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

So did anyone go ?

I was in Cork last night ,got up very close to the stage and had a superb view.
    There was something odd about the sound though .It was a bit too good for a live gig and the audio sounded funny ,quite tinny ,and it was obvious that large chunks of the show were lip synced .

Parton explains she has to employ a guide track when performing live because she can no longer cope with a gruelling concert schedule.
    "It's an effort to entertain by being able to have a bigger production and, hopefully, a better sound."

Seems a bit of a cop out ,that she has to do this as she sets the schedule ,playing 3 nights in a row and 5/6 consecutive nights for a 68 year old is ridiculous .

I wouldnt be a huge fan ,but I thoroughly enjoyed it ,I brought my mum and she loved every minute of it ,I wont tell her about the miming though .
    Miming 9 to 5 could be a new song

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Zardoz wrote: »
    It was bit too good for a live gig and the audio sounded funny ,quite tinny ,and it was obvious that large chunks of the show were lip synced .

I thought the same about the Dublin Show, that a huge part of it was lip synced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement