Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor recommendation- Athlone/Moate (medical card)

Options
  • 22-10-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am new to this area and was wondering if anyone could recommend a Doctor (possibly female as we are Mother and daughter) who is good and accepts medical cards in the Moate or Athlone area... don't have a clue how to go about finding one or knowing if they are good or not!!
    Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Anne Brophy in Newtown Medical Centre has been my GP since our family GP Dr. O'Neill from the same practice died a few years ago and I think she's really good, easy to talk to and makes she explains everything fully. The practice takes Medical Cards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Seaneh wrote: »
    Anne Brophy in Newtown Medical Centre has been my GP since our family GP Dr. O'Neill from the same practice died a few years ago and I think she's really good, easy to talk to and makes she explains everything fully. The practice takes Medical Cards too.

Thank you Seaneh!! Where is the Newtown Medical Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Seaneh wrote: »

Thank you Seaneh!! Where is the Newtown Medical Centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Heading into town on the Ballymahon Road, you pass the big eircom mast on your right and go under the railway bridge, then take the next left into Newtown Terrace.

http://goo.gl/maps/7oxL2

Advertisement