Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Makes sense. Just post the site name and the device name. People can go in there and search.

I think even if you mention the website you could also be in trouble.....so Im not going to mention website either, just the product, let people google it,.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

coldfire1x wrote: »
    It was just a geekbuying site link. Somehow mod thought I have posted an affliated link. To me it wasnt the case. I am here long enough to know not to post affliated or maketing links :)

I expect the mods are here long enough to know too.
    Big Nelly wrote: »
    Well I was accused of been part of affiliated program so I am just not posting any links anymore....easier that way.....

Were you 'wrongly' accused ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭Invincible

That Amiko A3 seems a good option for anyone looking for a combined Sat box/android box, selling for £160 stg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Or wetek 130 euro

GY A1 wrote: »
    Or wetek 130 euro

Hadn't heard of that make!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Invincible wrote: »
    Hadn't heard of that make!

Wetek play is full name
    It's getting good support, comes with either a terrestrial tuner or twin sat tuners or plain box also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

GY A1 wrote: »
    Wetek play is full name
    It's getting good support, comes with either a terrestrial tuner or twin sat tuners or plain box also.

Looks like a great box. I'm hoping they release a combo version in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

L'prof wrote: »
    Looks like a great box. I'm hoping they release a combo version in the near future.

I've had a couple of them, you can buy the dual tuner for €10.
    It's the exact same hardware as the MX2 except for the tuners and only 4GB storage.
    Forget filling up kodi and using Android apps though, cleaner needs to be set to run automatically, and even then it still fills pretty quick.
    Openelec can be dual-booted from a micro SD.
    The wetek roms are buggy, real buggy.

It does have a good internet channel list that you can change the order on, but there are better options available. The IPTV can get irritatingly slow.
    Support is okay.

There are a lot of better options available.
    I'd say part of the reason most people haven't heard of it over here is because it's not a very attractive resell package, and it's not a €130 box imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I have an mxiii and an mk808b plus. Was thinking of using an Amazon fire stick and sideloading kodi. Has anyone done this got one of the regular android boxes to compare how it runs? I am aware of the dual core / quad core difference. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

brightkane wrote: »
    I have an mxiii and an mk808b plus. Was thinking of using an Amazon fire stick and sideloading kodi. Has anyone done this got one of the regular android boxes to compare how it runs? I am aware of the dual core / quad core difference. Cheers

I've ordered one myself. But the ship date is listed as 12th June. I've a Minix X8-h so I'll be able to compare if it ever arrives.

My plan is to stick Kodi on it and if it's good enough (as in simple and reliable) then I'll give it to my folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That Amiko A3 seems a good option for anyone looking for a combined Sat box/android box, selling for £160 stg.

Available from http://www.freetv.ie/amiko-a3.html for €175.89. Those Amiko boxes can do other things to but they can't be discussed.

Great set up with satellite/saorview and kodi etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭dahat

zerks wrote: »
    Available from http://www.freetv.ie/amiko-a3.html for €175.89. Those Amiko boxes can do other things to but they can't be discussed.

Great set up with satellite/saorview and kodi etc.

That's a cracking price IMO.

Bought the MX3 Igb as been setting one up for a mate and they fly with Open ELEC installed.

Price delivered to door of 56e via Parcel Motel leaves room for a few euro profit hopefully.

These are selling for €100 on Adverts, if only one could get a half dozen in and sell them for €90 each, decent profit levels.

dahat wrote: »
    Bought the MX3 Igb as been setting one up for a mate and they fly with Open ELEC installed.

Price delivered to door of 56e via Parcel Motel leaves room for a few euro profit hopefully.

From where?

brightkane wrote: »
    From where?

Maybe from Geekbuying, there was a post back a few weeks ago from Allyall about a Tronsmart MXIII using coupon code MXIII20.

Maybe from Geekbuying, there was a post back a few weeks ago from Allyall about a Tronsmart MXIII using coupon code MXIII20.

Passed on info via pm as it was from our old fav site plus I found a discount code online but for obvious reasons I chose not to post in forum.

Passed on info via pm as it was from our old fav site plus I found a discount code online but for obvious reasons I chose not to post in forum.

Sorry Yeah. I a aware of that site. Got one myself from it. Just thought it was someplace different when you used parcel motel is all

Can a decent keypad (not Logitech) be gotten in bricks n mortar shop? Mine went all smokey just now....buggered I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Can a decent keypad (not Logitech) be gotten in bricks n mortar shop? Mine went all smokey just now....buggered I'd say!

Check out PCWorld, I was in one of their shops on Tuesday, although I wasn't looking actively for one, I seem to remember seeing some.One of them was rather large though, seemed almost like the old Microsoft ergonomic Keyboard.

If you're near a large Tesco, you might get lucky too, I was in the Jervis one on tuesday as well, and I think I may have seen one or two there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tesco are having a 70% off sale this weekend,you might pick up one for peanuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The Microsoft wireless multimedia keyboard gets very similar reviews to the K400 http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/microsoft-allinone-media-wireless-keyboard/324894/401.6.1

You'll pay a premium having to buy locally compared to online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

hi

New to all this, I was looking to get Windows based box to hook up to TV, any idea's what is decent one at a decent price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Worztron

Allyall wrote: »
    That box is made by a company called Zoomtak.
    I can't see it written there, but it should also have a sata connection, i.e. you can add a 2.5 sata drive internally.
    That delivered to Ireland (Quick delivery) including VAT should be ~ €90.
    I don't know if that company charge for shipping, but even with free shipping, they are over €50 more. That's entirely your choice.

I got one about two weeks ago, and it gets hot. It's not bad, I haven't fully played with it yet. I couldn't find any decent roms and it kept freezing on me, which got annoying.
    Mele also offer some boxes that allow you to add internal SATA.
    I think the site is mele.com.cn I'm not sure.
    I am not near a PC at the minute, I'll post up both links when I get home.

Hi Allyall.

Does it have RTE 1 + 2?

Is there a list somewhere of all the TV channels available?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭plhealy2000

Looking to get the MX3 2G.

Is geekbuying the best / fastest place to get same.

Thanks

Thanks

Buying from Chinese suppliers is slow delivery really.
    Try Amazon and see what prices they have for UK sellers, you may spend a little more but get it quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

Thanks

I have one of those boxes, works perfectly. Order of ebay or amazon. Your box will take forever from china and if it is faulty the whole process could take months. You are not going to save loads ordering 1 box from china

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

I've a two year old Minix X7 which has served me well. I use it mostly for XBMC including streaming content over Wifi from a local NAS.

I invested in a Minix Neo A2 mouse http://www.minix.com.hk/Products/MINIX-NEO-A2.html when I bought the X7 and it was a bit of a disaster as the X7 kept setting the A2 mouse as the sound output - the A2 has a speaker to facilitate voice controls/Skype etc.

Anyway, the A2 was lost some time ago and replaced by a Logitech K400 which works great.

Unfortunately the device somehow reset sound output back to the A2 and although I can change it back in Sound Device Manager I am unable to complete the 2nd part of the process which requires me to go into the Minix Advanced Settings app and turn "No output to USB audio" to "On" and "Digital audio auto-detection" to "Off" as someone seems to have deleted the bloody Minix Advanced Settings App.

Here's the info about firmware etc on the X7

ao3v2o.jpg

And here's a screen shot I took from the how the Minix Advanced Settings app is supposed to be set to deal with this problem - it was occurring frequently so I saved this screenshot as a reference for what to do!!

2vnhukx.jpg

What I'd like to do in order of preference is

1. Somehow figure out a way to delete the A2 as a listed device/mouse, install the Minix Advanced Settings app and fix the problem without having to resort to....

2. Do a factory reset to see if that deletes the A2 as a device/mouse and reinstalls the Minix Advanced Settings app. If It does it means I have to reinstall XBMC, Nova launcher and 20 or so apps. Not the end of the world but would prefer not to have to do it. BTW, if I have to go this route I'd appreciate a steer on how to do a factory reset, I never did it on a media box/X7 before. Well used to doing it on Android phones but not on media boxes.

or

3. Reflash the Rom/New Rom and start from scratch. If I have to go this route are there any recommendations for ROM's other than the official Minix one?

Thanks for reading. Sorry about the long post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭bazzz

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    hi

New to all this, I was looking to get Windows based box to hook up to TV, any idea's what is decent one at a decent price?

The Minix Z64 Windows edition is a superb little box of tricks and handles all tasks with ease..There's also the Pipo X7,but I've not used it.I've been building on and testing on the Minix for a couple of months now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement