Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Has anyone bought one of the 3188t quad core Chinese tv sticks?

Did it run ok without a heatsink?
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/EU-Plug-QC802-Google-Android-4-2-Quad-Core-RK3188-ARM-Cortex-A9-1-6GHz-Mini-PC-TV-Box-2G-8G-BT-Black-315398.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Hi all,

I ordered MX-II RK3188 Quad Core Android 4.2 2GB RAM 8GB ROM TV Box / Mini PC Built-in Bluetooth / Wi-Fi / HDMI and it was delivered today.

Plugged it in tonight and pressed the power button and there is a very faint light but nothing else.

Anyone any idea if there's something else I need to do on the initial set up that I'm missing

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Karen23 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I ordered MX-II RK3188 Quad Core Android 4.2 2GB RAM 8GB ROM TV Box / Mini PC Built-in Bluetooth / Wi-Fi / HDMI and it was delivered today.

Plugged it in tonight and pressed the power button and there is a very faint light but nothing else.

Anyone any idea if there's something else I need to do on the initial set up that I'm missing

Thanks in advance

Can you get your hands on another power source?
    Did anyone else buy one?
    I think this is the charger.
    AC adapter AC100-240V 50/60Hz output 5V/2A

Where did you buy it from?

Is it this one - http://www.eptechco.com/ProductShow.asp?ID=449
    or
    this one - http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_24448.html

DO you have access to another Power source for it?

Have you contacted the seller? If it took a few weeks to get here, contact the seller and let them know it's not functioning properly.
    I'd do this just as a backup.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    DO you have access to another Power source for it?

Have you contacted the seller? If it took a few weeks to get here, contact the seller and let them know it's not functioning properly.
    I'd do this just as a backup.

Thanks a million, I'll do that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Hi Guys

Any idea is this the proper quad core or the T version?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Where is the cheapest place to pick up an Ouya folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

what are people's opinion of the below. is one chip much better than the other or much of a muchness?

Amlogic S802 Quad core Cortex A9 r4 2GHz

Rockchips RK3188 Quad core Cortex A9 1.4GHz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Anybody here have an Xunity Eclipse box and if so how are you finding it?Now I'm not looking for advice on the box as such,I'd just like to find out users thoughts on it.Just for research purposes really.Thanx

• Advertisement

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Any idea is this the proper quad core or the T version?

Both are quad-core, but without getting into it, that seems to be the RK3188 version
    Where is the cheapest place to pick up an Ouya folks?
    From £70 Used in "Very Good" Condition?

A few here also
    what are people's opinion of the below. is one chip much better than the other or much of a muchness?

Amlogic S802 Quad core Cortex A9 r4 2GHz

Rockchips RK3188 Quad core Cortex A9 1.4GHz

Amlogic.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

If there's nothing coming up on your TV, it might also be the case that your TV cannot handle the default resolution set on the TV Box. Same happened to me, the box came set at 1080p but my TV is only 720p, so nothing came up on the screen. I just gave it to a mate who had a better TV and got him to lower the resolution settings on the box. Is your TV oldish? Check what resolution it can handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

CinSoots wrote: »
    I currently use a nexus 4 and a chromecast along with AllCast to stream and dlna everything and I have a slimport cable for mobdro. I really want the MINIX X8 though and I'm trying to talk myself out of it. Realistically, what benefit will it be to me apart from not having to use the slimport cable?? Please talk me out of buying one :)

Caved in and bought an M8 instead :(

Should be here next week so I'll update then on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Just wondering what is the likelihood that any of these devices will be able to run the stock Android TV rom when Google starts rolling it out?

Like the look of it from their I/O the other day but might pick up an M8 rather than wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭ooter

Having trouble with my box at the moment,when I try to play anything the sound comes up but no picture,no idea how it happened and no idea how to fix it,would anyone know how I go about resolving this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Hi Guys,

Just read back over the past few pages.

The M8 seems to be the one getting the most gloss.

I've had a look and they have a european (german) dealer selling it for €160.

Any other local sellers with them?

Just looking for something to deal with xbmc and hd streams smoothly!

I have a few ones from China in the past even with good specs but the rom has been muck and could never find a decent replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

+1 on this seller. I bought 3 off him and great after sales service.

Excellent will go with him next week so!

Looking forward to a smooth experience now :)

YouTube videos of it look good!

• Advertisement

+1 on this seller. I bought 3 off him and great after sales service.

Just wondering, do you have any issues playing HD films etc on the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Just wondering, do you have any issues playing HD films etc on the box?

What kind of issues are you having?Or are you just inquiring?
    I've tested a fair few of the Minix X8 H's and so far I've had no real issues with HD playback(mind you I've not watched full shows or movies,just sampled).
    You can as usual root the device easily and add custom FW's or change the Kernel.The current official stock FW is 001 and 002 is in it's beta 4 release and nearing it's final build,this has many tweaks and improvements over the original FW.

bazzz wrote: »
    What kind of issues are you having?Or are you just inquiring?
    I've tested a fair few of the Minix X8 H's and so far I've had no real issues with HD playback(mind you I've not watched full shows or movies,just sampled).
    You can as usual root the device easily and add custom FW's or change the Kernel.The current official stock FW is 001 and 002 is in it's beta 4 release and nearing it's final build,this has many tweaks and improvements over the original FW.

Just checking...have a box from geekbuying and need to upgrade firmware on it but was looking at all the recommendations of the Minix on here and might take the plunge and get one....

I bought the original box to see if we would actually use and to be honest at this stage the only thing I watch on my UPC is the footie and then the kids channels.....rest of the time we watch box set/films on xbmc

90% of the time we don't even use the UPC TV.....still wondering why I am paying for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

About to buy a CS918 box, will let ye know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone have any recommendations on a air mouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Anyone have any recommendations on a air mouse?

Would also appreciate recommendations! Am looking at the Rii i25?

About to buy a CS918 box, will let ye know how it goes

Is the CS918 the same as the T-R42?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

branners69 wrote: »
    Would also appreciate recommendations! Am looking at the Rii i25?

Save your money and use our smart phone as a remote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Ordered the Minix X8-H through geekbuying with DHL shipping and got stung for 32 euro in customs so I would definitely recommend the adverts prices, very competitive in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Save your money and use our smart phone as a remote

Would love to, but need a remote for the kids to use!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement