Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Uninstall XBMC

Reboot device

Reinstall XBMC

REboot device before opening

Try then

Tried this chief, and No Joy. I deleted Gotv and re-installed it, and there is slight improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Tried this chief, and No Joy. I deleted Gotv and re-installed it, and there is slight improvement.

What box you have? what version of android etc on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Anyone know how to remove Beyond XMBC from an android box ?

Downloaded the Koditime App and now have a brilliant version of Gotham on the box but I can't remove Beyond.
    Uninstall the app, deleted the .apk file but its still there when I restart !

I have a tronsmart a928

will56 wrote: »

Downloaded the Koditime App and now have a brilliant version of Gotham on the box but I can't remove Beyond.

I have a tronsmart a928

How are you uninstalling the app?

How are you uninstalling the app?

I've tried using the apk manager on the box and the uninstall option when I long press on the app and get options to force stop/clear cache etc.
    I've then restarted the box and its back as I hadn't done anything.

The box is rooted so would there be a an app I could download to make sure I remove it completely ?

• Advertisement

I've tried using the apk manager on the box and the uninstall option when I long press on the app and get options to force stop/clear cache etc.
    I've then restarted the box and its back as I hadn't done anything.

The box is rooted so would there be a an app I could download to make sure I remove it completely ?

I was thinking it was rooted. But from other devices I have rooted I was able to uninstall any app's via Settings menu.

If you install 2 versions of XBMC it will share some files. You might have the issue that you cannot uninstall because Beyond and new version of XBMC are sharing files and that is why it is showing up.

You could try, uninstalling both versions of XBMC and see if it removes it then. But this means resetting up everything.

Other option is just to delete the quick link and forget about it :p If it was me it would annoy the crap out of me thou!! :D

I was thinking it was rooted. But from other devices I have rooted I was able to uninstall any app's via Settings menu.

If you install 2 versions of XBMC it will share some files. You might have the issue that you cannot uninstall because Beyond and new version of XBMC are sharing files and that is why it is showing up.

You could try, uninstalling both versions of XBMC and see if it removes it then. But this means resetting up everything.

Other option is just to delete the quick link and forget about it :p If it was me it would annoy the crap out of me thou!! :D

I'll try that so, the box came with beyond installed on it already. I prefer the IPTV & streaming options on Gotham more so I've no need for beyond and I wonder if having 2 on the same box could be what's causing the issues, some freezing, and start up manager keeps launching the wrong version.

Another afternoon setting up folders & file paths for me so :-)

PS, even deleting the quick link did nothing, restarted the box and everything was back !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Thanks to posters from here, I downloaded the 13.2 version of Gotham from google and installed it on my Minix Neo 5 and then download the Kodimatic which set up everything for me in seconds. Absolutely brilliant.

Only problem is I've followed the you tube instructions to the letter for setting up the EPG on IPTV and everything goes well but still no EPG, just the stock picture of the sitting room. Yet when I actually go in to the channel and hit the EPG button there it will give me a full run down of programmes for the next 3 or so hours. What am I doing wrong.

Also on the side tab if I click on EPG Timeline there it shows an EPG, but it's from Saturday night last (I tried this out yesterday). Am I missing something. I have the time shift set at zero GMT which is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I have a tronsmart a928

I have the same box and I unstalled XBMC last week, no issues.

Just went to settings -> Apps -> cleared cache, cleared data, force stop and then uninstall. Worked for me fine.

Then followed the koditime video and everything installed without any issues. Only the recent version of xbmc left on the box.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I have the same box and I unstalled XBMC last week, no issues.

Just went to settings -> Apps -> cleared cache, cleared data, force stop and then uninstall. Worked for me fine.

Then followed the koditime video and everything installed without any issues. Only the recent version of xbmc left on the box.

Hey Coldfire, did you uninstall beyond XBMC first and then install new version of XBMC? I am guess will56 just installed the new version of XBMC and then tried to uninstall Beyond. Correct me if I am wrong?

• Advertisement

Hey Coldfire, did you uninstall beyond XBMC first and then install new version of XBMC? I am guess will56 just installed the new version of XBMC and then tried to uninstall Beyond. Correct me if I am wrong?

That's exactly what I did Coldfire.
    Although i think on one of my attempts I uninstalled Beyond then installed Gotham (without restarting the box)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Thanks for this, works very well.

So by installing this, all the things that vDubt has tutorialled about in his videos automatically get installed on the box?

That's exactly what I did Coldfire.
    Although i think on one of my attempts I uninstalled Beyond then installed Gotham (without restarting the box)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC about 100 times at this stage, just to mess around with setting etc If I uninstall XBMC and then reinstall without a reboot I have found on occasions that XBMC will start giving errors. Not all the time but then again a 30 sec reboot saves time i have found in the long run!!

Yes I uninstalled before installing the new version.

Actually I used the browser to install koditime. After running it it detected that there's no XBMC. Prompted me to installed then opened the link in browser.

Downloaded XBMC and installed. I remember I tried kodi app but again it did not detect XBMC. Closed the app, did a one time run of XBMC, then powered off xbmc. Next time kodi detected xbmc fine and installed everything.

After the install give xbmc some time to download EPG data etc. I left it for few minutes, after that everything was working fine.

will56 - The box has its own launcher, I dont use that. Always use the default Android launcher. Not sure if going to setting from the default launcher makes any difference. My box was rooted when I got it.

After the install give xbmc some time to download EPG data etc. I left it for few minutes, after that everything was working fine.

Hey Coldfire, is the EPG working on the Live Tv? I can get individual channels epg when I select them, but I can't get the full epg like vdubt did in the youtube clip. Yet everything was was already setup fine by the Kodimatic link. I'm baffled.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone getting just 15secs playback on the mp3 streams?

Can't seem to solve it at all.

Hey Coldfire, is the EPG working on the Live Tv? I can get individual channels epg when I select them, but I can't get the full epg like vdubt did in the youtube clip. Yet everything was was already setup fine by the Kodimatic link. I'm baffled.

Are you selecting EPG from the menu that appears on right hand side of screen when you move cursor over?

If you are in the EPG list you should not see the stock picture.....

Edit Have you turned off the cache XMLTV?

Are you selecting EPG from the menu that appears on right hand side of screen when you move cursor over?

If you are in the EPG list you should not see the stock picture.....

Edit Have you turned off the cache XMLTV?

Ok I'll have a look through the lists, I must have the wrong one. Thanks for the tip. I'll get to the bottom of this if it kills me :D

Edit: No I left the cache the way he specified in the tutorial, so I think thats ok. But I did move the time shift and with the blasted airmouse I can only get it back to 2 mins instead of zero. But shouldn't matter that much should it.

• Advertisement

Ok I'll have a look through the lists, I must have the wrong one. Thanks for the tip. I'll get to the bottom of this if it kills me :D

Edit: No I left the cache the way he specified in the tutorial, so I think thats ok. But I did move the time shift and with the blasted airmouse I can only get it back to 2 mins instead of zero. But shouldn't matter that much should it.

Just make sure the XML cache is not checked, if checked there will be blue dot.

If you exit XBMC and open it up again, do you get a pop up saying it is loading the new channels and then another pop up saying it updating the EPG? I can't remember exactly what it says but you should get both pop up's, if not then it is not refreshing off the server and that is your issue

^^ That is correct. When you launch xbmc you should see a popup around the upper right hand corner showing information about downloading EPG.

Launch xmbc and leave it for few minutes to let it download all EPF information. Then as Big Nelly said select EPG from the menu when you move the cursor on to the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

EPG is back working now on Live TV. Restart xbmc and all should be good.
    That's for vdubt25

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Won't install on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

quick question ,

I install XBMC on Windows 7 , but everytime i exit it i need to re-download it again and again its not on my desktop and what is there just prompts me to install again , what the hell am i doing wrong ?

Sorry i know its off topic but folk on here seem to be in the know !

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

quick question ,

I install XBMC on Windows 7 , but everytime i exit it i need to re-download it again and again its not on my desktop and what is there just prompts me to install again , what the hell am i doing wrong ?

Sorry i know its off topic but folk on here seem to be in the know !

Thanks guys

Well it sounds like you just keep clicking on the setup file on your desktop.Go into your win 7 start menu and go to all programs and your proper launch icon should be listed there in a folder.

Yes I uninstalled before installing the new version.

Actually I used the browser to install koditime. After running it it detected that there's no XBMC. Prompted me to installed then opened the link in browser.

Downloaded XBMC and installed. I remember I tried kodi app but again it did not detect XBMC. Closed the app, did a one time run of XBMC, then powered off xbmc. Next time kodi detected xbmc fine and installed everything.

Spent a bit of time last night, clearing the cache, uninstalling Beyond & Gotham, then ran a search to delete the .apk files and any beyond/xbmc files.
    Rebooted device and no more beyond :-)

Gotham is now downloaded and running fine.

Has anyone figured out why MP3 streams keeps skipping to the next track after about 5 seconds of a song ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Spent a bit of time last night, clearing the cache, uninstalling Beyond & Gotham, then ran a search to delete the .apk files and any beyond/xbmc files.
    Rebooted device and no more beyond :-)

Gotham is now downloaded and running fine.

Has anyone figured out why MP3 streams keeps skipping to the next track after about 5 seconds of a song ?

Same problem with the MP3 streams, utterly annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »
    Same problem with the MP3 streams, utterly annoying.

Same thing happening on phone, as if you're just getting a sample of each track.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement