Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Invincible wrote: »
    Same thing happening on phone, as if you're just getting a sample of each track.

Yes, not an xbmc expert so I was unable to get to the root of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

will56 wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out why MP3 streams keeps skipping to the next track after about 5 seconds of a song ?

Not an expert, but I had this problem using it on the phone, but installing Frodo solved it (must have read to do this somewhere!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

eamonnq wrote: »
    Not an expert, but I had this problem using it on the phone, but installing Frodo solved it (must have read to do this somewhere!!).

So you deleted Gotham Eamon and installed Frodo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

So you deleted Gotham Eamon and installed Frodo?

Yep and it has been working with no problems. I think I also saw something about 'enabling alternative sources' in Gotham, but never tried that.

Only use XBMC on the phone for MP3 streams so not having Gotham does not bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Big Nelly wrote: »

You could try, uninstalling both versions of XBMC and see if it removes it then. But this means resetting up everything.

If you make a copy of your user folder, zip it and put it somewhere safe. Then when you do a fresh install put the folder back and all your setting should still be there.

I havent tried the above but I have read that if you use the same version of XBMC you can use the same folder no matter what the device is!

• Advertisement

The Gotham fix won't fix it.

I tried a different music add on Rave Player, cracking stuff by the way, the music played through fully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

iggy wrote: »
    Lads anyone tried this app?
    It basically puts everything u need on your xbmc on your Android.
    I put it on my S4 and it's brilliant so far.
    Has live TV with vdubt25 and epg and lots more

http://koditime.com

Hi Would anyone have the Android apk, install file for Koditime,
    the reason I ask, is the Kodimatic, link is not working on that URL
    The link I am using is "kodimatic ...free download click"

when i click on the lick, i get This domain name.....message

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kaiserjim

I've just bought an x8h from futeko. Is there any guides available showing what to do to get it up and running to watch films football etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone have the M8? Was about to purchase it but I noticed there is issues with WIFI connection, is this an issue if i have a Lan cable connected?

Would the G-Box Midnight MX2 be a better buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

No issues with the x8 h

I used wired, i just switch off wifi in settings

No guidelines as such, it comes with xbmc installed, two addons i find useful navi x and mashup, 5 min job to install each, check youtube for how to

Re live tv, football, etc, I am not sure, but other posters here will have goood suggestions for addons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

hey all... im a newbie to xmbc and installed it at the weekend... i managed to get some iptv channels working on it but i literally just copied some guys m3u list locally and it worked.
    Thing is some of the channels dont work some days later, is there anyway to get a list of channels that updates daily? ie from a remote source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

boardie100 wrote: »
    hey all... im a newbie to xmbc and installed it at the weekend... i managed to get some iptv channels working on it but i literally just copied some guys m3u list locally and it worked.
    Thing is some of the channels dont work some days later, is there anyway to get a list of channels that updates daily? ie from a remote source?

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/user/vdubt25

It seems the streaming problem with the MP3 is a Gotham bug.
    Is there much difference between Frodo and Gotham?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Anyone have the M8? Was about to purchase it but I noticed there is issues with WIFI connection, is this an issue if i have a Lan cable connected?

Would the G-Box Midnight MX2 be a better buy?

I got a M8 a week or two back, using wifi with no issues at all.
    Wired is always better IMO anyway, so if you have a cable available - use it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

kaiserjim wrote: »
    I've just bought an x8h from futeko. Is there any guides available showing what to do to get it up and running to watch films football etc.

Direct the google browser on the X8 to

http://xbmc.org/tag/gotham/

This will download the latest XBMC - Gotham 13.2 Final Release

then direct browser again to the following

http://koditime.com/

This will set up everything for you including IPTV. I did exactly this on Sunday and it worked perfect for me. Good Luck.

Edit: Sorry forgot to say, after downloading Kodimatic, close the XBMC and reopen and it should start updating within a few seconds.

Direct the google browser on the X8 to

http://xbmc.org/tag/gotham/

This will download the latest XBMC - Gotham 13.2 Final Release

then direct browser again to the following

http://koditime.com/

This will set up everything for you including IPTV. I did exactly this on Sunday and it worked perfect for me. Good Luck.

Edit: Sorry forgot to say, after downloading Kodimatic, close the XBMC and reopen and it should start updating within a few seconds.

If you have X8-H you will have XBMC for Minix preloaded. I would advise upgrading the firmware from Minix forums: http://www.minixforum.com/forums/neo-x8-h-x8.18/

Once this is done then set up system. You can use the koditime link above. It will give you some of the add on's. If you are good on XBMC/computers you can set up manually and use the XBMC hub wizard which gives you a lot more options for viewing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Big Nelly wrote: »
    If you have X8-H you will have XBMC for Minix preloaded. I would advise upgrading the firmware from Minix forums: http://www.minixforum.com/forums/neo-x8-h-x8.18/

Once this is done then set up system. You can use the koditime link above. It will give you some of the add on's. If you are good on XBMC/computers you can set up manually and use the XBMC hub wizard which gives you a lot more options for viewing.....

Hi Big Nelly

I upgraded straight from the browser as you can see above, I had XBMC wizard hub already installed when I bought the box but decided to upgrade it (because I was bored :D). I looked at your link and it's to update the firmware, does this update the XBMC also??? Just a bit confused. BTW the gotham update is working perfect (for the moment anyway). Just wondered should I do the firmware update and if I do would I lose the gotham?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Finless does a custom Rom for the NEO X8 here

Also there are versions of XBMC that are tweaked for the AMLOGIC S802 chips in the NEO X8 here and here

But at the end of the day if your setup is doing what you want why change it ? ......if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I've installed Koditime in Gotham on my M8 android box, all the channels and add one are showing fine.

But when I try and play anything it boots straight out of XBMC and back to main menu of box?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I've installed Koditime in Gotham on my M8 android box, all the channels and add one are showing fine.

But when I try and play anything it boots straight out of XBMC and back to main menu of box?

Which version? Gotham 12.3 is the most stable.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »

I'll just do a fresh install of 12.3 so

Where can you get 12.3 now?
    13.2 is on xbmc downloads now.

Found the apk for it down lower on the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I've kodi files on my minix with minix xbmc when I watch films or shows I get kicked out to the link page and after a few times getting back into watching minix reboots itself. Anyone having anything like that?

user2011 wrote: »
    I've kodi files on my minix with minix xbmc when I watch films or shows I get kicked out to the link page and after a few times getting back into watching minix reboots itself. Anyone having anything like that?

Uninstall and re install version 13.2 of gotham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Was thinking of going with SPMC, have that on my Prometheus. I'll try both out tomorrow see how they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Where can you get 12.3 now?
    13.2 is on xbmc downloads now.

Found the apk for it down lower on the page.

Sorry, my fault... :o

I went wrong alphabetically.

Frodo 12.3 is the most stable.

It should be available in any of those installers, super/kodimatic/ollan etc..

For example (using Kodimatic)
    On the right hand side you can choose another version of XBMC to download, and it will autoselect the best build of that version for your device.. Download your choice, uninstall the previous version, and install whatever version you downloaded.

12.3 is the most stable at the minute.

You can find x86 or Arm versions here - http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/xbmc/releases/android/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

12.3 is the most stable at the minute.

I thought PVR and EPG functionality for live TV was only functional in 13.2?

Hi Big Nelly

I upgraded straight from the browser as you can see above, I had XBMC wizard hub already installed when I bought the box but decided to upgrade it (because I was bored :D). I looked at your link and it's to update the firmware, does this update the XBMC also??? Just a bit confused. BTW the gotham update is working perfect (for the moment anyway). Just wondered should I do the firmware update and if I do would I lose the gotham?

Depending on the version of the firmware you pick, there is official and unofficial. I would recommend if installing firmware updates be prepared to wipe the system and start from fresh.

There is supposed to be an official over the air upgrade been released this week, so if box is working ok, hold on for that as it might allow you to upgrade without wiping the box.....

Personal preference I like to wipe a box on firmware refresh, makes sure that none of the app's mess up the firmware, also gives me a chance to rebuild my XBMC, try out some new features etc etc.....but as mentioned that is personal preference.

dahat wrote: »
    It seems the streaming problem with the MP3 is a Gotham bug.
    Is there much difference between Frodo and Gotham?

Deleted spmc off box last night and loaded 12.3 Frodo, plays MP3 streams perfect, put Tv addons on it as recommended by Big Nelly.

Happy with it.

• Advertisement

Deleted spmc off box last night and loaded 12.3 Frodo, plays MP3 streams perfect, put Tv addons on it as recommended by Big Nelly.

Happy with it.

Which add ons? Just have the Vdub25 add on myself.
    Will use Frodo now myself seeing as that solved the playback issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement