Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »
    Which add ons? Just have the Vdub25 add on myself.
    Will use Frodo now myself seeing as that solved the playback issue.

These ones, used to be called xbmc hub, changed name along with Kodi. 1st link thanks to Big Nelly, found Youtube tutorial on same.
    Fusion not on Frodo 12.3, so need to add it first before tvaddons will load, watch video to see.

http://www.tvaddons.ag/config-wizard-kodi/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5eIBVbWPK8&src_vid=EA6A-YwpaSI&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_196756863

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Had to reduce install my firmware on my Minix 8x last night as it was very buggy so went with the beta v2 to see what it's like. Was feeling lazy so installed kodimatic but it wouldn't pick up the Minix version of XBMC. Any idea what I'm doing wrong. I put the XBMC off their website and kodimatic picked that one up perfect. Would prefer to use the Minix version as it's supposed to be tweaked to run better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Had to reduce install my firmware on my Minix 8x last night as it was very buggy so went with the beta v2 to see what it's like. Was feeling lazy so installed kodimatic but it wouldn't pick up the Minix version of XBMC. Any idea what I'm doing wrong. I put the XBMC off their website and kodimatic picked that one up perfect. Would prefer to use the Minix version as it's supposed to be tweaked to run better.

i did the same last night, went with beta v8 (thanks for the advice Big Nelly)

But Koditime is the ugliest thing i've ever seen. Definitely deleting tonight, might go back to xmbc hub (linked a couple of posts above)

visually koditime really is horrific.

donegal. wrote: »

But Koditime is the ugliest thing i've ever seen. Definitely deleting tonight, might go back to xmbc hub (linked a couple of posts above)

Had that koditime too, it was a bit sickly looking and the TVaddons(xbmc Hub) has a nicer GUI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Does the latest version of XBMCHUB / TVadon's install live TV with EPG etc a la vdubt25?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

donegal. wrote: »

I had to downgrade from V8 as it was constantly restarting, a well known bug. Hoping V2 is better as I'm losing faith in this box fast. The new stable firmware can't come quick enough.

Don't install the "lite" version in kodimatic as this is very limited and skinned use the other one which is just confluence with all the add ons pre installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

BenThere wrote: »
    Does the latest version of XBMCHUB / TVadon's install live TV with EPG etc a la vdubt25?

The XBMC hub will install 1channel/ice films/sportsdevil etc. I find it best as it gives loads of add on's.

Then I manually add on Mashup.

Also use Xfinity to add on Cartoon HD(great for kids)

Then use the manual video from vdubt to add in the IPTV ontop of XBMChub, this gives me all the add on from XBMChub plus the IPTV and Mashup etc

I also do other manual set up like iStream with link into my IMDB account.....this is the more difficult part as you have to change a lot of setting after you apply the iStream skin.....

It is a bit of a manual set up but I prefer this way as I get everything I need, it only takes me about 20-30 mins from base XBMC but I know a few tricks....

Also change the back ground pic to something I like :P:P:P

And then Im finished. :D that is my current build but looking around for something new all the time

I used the koditime on tablet just to try it out, I find it very limited for what I like....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Big Nelly wrote: »
    The XBMC hub will install 1channel/ice films/sportsdevil etc. I find it best as it gives loads of add on's.

Then I manually add on Mashup.

Also use Xfinity to add on Cartoon HD(great for kids)

Then use the manual video from vdubt to add in the IPTV ontop of XBMChub, this gives me all the add on from XBMChub plus the IPTV and Mashup etc

I also do other manual set up like iStream with link into my IMDB account.....this is the more difficult part as you have to change a lot of setting after you apply the iStream skin.....

It is a bit of a manual set up but I prefer this way as I get everything I need, it only takes me about 20-30 mins from base XBMC but I know a few tricks....

Also change the back ground pic to something I like :P:P:P

And then Im finished. :D that is my current build but looking around for something new all the time

I used the koditime on tablet just to try it out, I find it very limited for what I like....

Thx, Excellent advice, Im new to the add on side of XBMC, so thx for posting info above

Link on how to set up Cartoon HD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Qx5-WVHZA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Good find, will give it a go in the evening.

• Advertisement

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ Good find, will give it a go in the evening.

We are lucky to have an expert like Big Nelly frequently here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Going to treat myself to the X8H next week, best place to get here fast and cost effective?

Futeko was linked somewhere earlier in the thread, €138 ish euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Seen a post up the page about the bug with the beta8 on minix system rebooting, that was the bane of my troubles not XBMC, have it running now 2+hrs without any problems. Thanks aaronm13 for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Going to treat myself to the X8H next week, best place to get here fast and cost effective?

Futeko was linked somewhere earlier in the thread, €138 ish euro.
    Futeko is the best place unless you want to take the chance on some of the sites shipping from outside the EU.They are cheaper if you dont get caught for customs.Plenty of sellers on amazon.co.uk who will be similar prices.

I ordered off Futeko yesterday on the recommendations here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

yabadabado wrote: »
    Futeko is the best place unless you want to take the chance on some of the sites shipping from outside the EU.They are cheaper if you dont get caught for customs.Plenty of sellers on amazon.co.uk who will be similar prices.

I ordered off Futeko yesterday on the recommendations here.

Likely go that route myself, 138 is not too bad unless I can save 30/40 euro I won't chance outside EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Likely go that route myself, 138 is not too bad unless I can save 30/40 euro I won't chance outside EU.

$148.00 on Pandawill.com. If you wish you can leave a note on the value matter at checkout. They have a range of delivery options. Check them out. I found Singapore Post offers the least chance of thoes pesky customs guys getting their mits on it. I got 2 phones through via them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

$148.00 on Pandawill.com. If you wish you can leave a note on the value matter at checkout. They have a range of delivery options. Check them out. I found Singapore Post offers the least chance of thoes pesky customs guys getting their mits on it. I got 2 phones through via them.
    For the saving of about €20 I think I would rather buy from Futeko.No saving made if its caught for customs and if there is a problem its only getting sent to UK and not China.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

yabadabado wrote: »
    For the saving of about €20 I think I would rather buy from Futeko.No saving made if its caught for customs and if there is a problem its only getting sent to UK and not China.

I get & agree with what you're saying. Its just that I had Pandawill open when I saw Dahat's query.:)

Have any of ye added the "Channel Logo" on EPG on IPTV yet, how is it done?

Used this by vdubt25, but he didn't go on to download any channel logos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HXbMmrgfFc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Invincible wrote: »
    Have any of ye added the "Channel Logo" on EPG on IPTV yet, how is it done?

Used this by vdubt25, but he didn't go on to download any channel logos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HXbMmrgfFc

I did and IIRC you have to download and store a ZIP file with the Logo's to your device HDD first. Once that's done you follow his instructions to link to the ZIP file (or possibly the extracted ZIP file) and Bob's your uncle, channel logo's displayed.

• Advertisement

Quick one guys, there seems to be a few people having issues with reboot on the Minix.....have a look at the following:

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-reboot-fix-temporary-solution.706/

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

I've just received my xh8 from futeko. Would it be ok to load from xbmc hub or koditime on to the version of xbmc on the box or will I run into problems with apps etc?

I've just received my xh8 from futeko. Would it be ok to load from xbmc hub or koditime on to the version of xbmc on the box or will I run into problems with apps etc?

No I used the default XBMC for Minix for everything on my set up(a few posts ago) Not sure if it will work with Koditime as I don't use.

Have you run the firmware update over the air? in setting's. Just see if it is spelt right.....

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

just out of interest is it possible to get RTE player to work on XMBC?

boardie100 wrote: »
    just out of interest is it possible to get RTE player to work on XMBC?

Google is your friend: https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-vodie/

Not sure why you would need when you can just install the standalone app

Question is are you looking to run RTE player outside Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

No I used the default XBMC for Minix for everything on my set up(a few posts ago) Not sure if it will work with Koditime as I don't use.

Have you run the firmware update over the air? in setting's. Just see if it is spelt right.....

Thanks

I see it alright but its spellded incorractly :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

Google is your friend: https://code.google.com/p/xbmc-vodie/

Not sure why you would need when you can just install the standalone app

Question is are you looking to run RTE player outside Ireland?

the very odd time.... sorry i didnt realize they had a standalone app...

Thanks

I had same issue, in the firmware update screen it was spelt wrong. I had serious issues with XBMC, getting ethernet working etc

The reason for this is Futeko have stock they take off the shelf but some of the boxes are shipped with the first firmware. I would recommend you update the firmware before you start to install anything. Otherwise you are going to run into problems fairly soon.....

boardie100 wrote: »
    the very odd time.... sorry i didnt realize they had a standalone app...

IF outside Ireland you need to find RTE loaded into a ad on, I had it before but for the life of me I can't remember how and when :p

Will do a bit of looking around and see...

Otherwise if outside Ireland you will need to use a proxy server in Ireland or something like tunnelbear

• Advertisement

Thanks

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/neo-x8-x8-h-002-beta-8-firmware-20140809.27/

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/update-10-aug-2014-x8-h-flashable-zip-for-neo-x8-h.98/

Have a look at the above for firmwares!!

I am running the firmware on second link....no issues so far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement