Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

Big Nelly wrote: »
    IF outside Ireland you need to find RTE loaded into a ad on, I had it before but for the life of me I can't remember how and when :p

Will do a bit of looking around and see...

Otherwise if outside Ireland you will need to use a proxy server in Ireland or something like tunnelbear

thanks...

i have a chromecast at the moment but im thinking about an android box because of xmbc and also because i could also watch rte player on my tv... i dont have a record facility as im not a sky/upc customer... very interested in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

This seems to be doing the rounds as well

http://www.rippl-tv.com/

Can order from Aliexpress, similar spec to Minix X8

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Rippl-TV-XBMC-UtilOS-Edition-Amlogic-S802-Quad-Core-2G-8G-Google-Android-4-4-2/610958_2035957148.html

Remote Control:
    Included

Brand Name:
    Rippl-TV

Package:
    YES

Model Number:
    RIPPL-TV

CPU:
    Amlogic S802 Quad Core Cortex 2GHz

GPU:
    Octo Core Mali 450MP GPU

RAM:
    2GB DDR3

FLASH:
    8GB NAND FLASH

Google Android 4.4.2 KitKat

True 1080P and 4K2K:
    Support

Wireless:
    Support Dual Band WiFi(2.4GHz/5GHz)

XBMC:
    XBMC Rippl-TV UtilOS Edition

Playstore:
    Google Playstore and Aptoide

OTA:
    Support

boardie100 wrote: »
    thanks...

i have a chromecast at the moment but im thinking about an android box because of xmbc and also because i could also watch rte player on my tv... i dont have a record facility as im not a sky/upc customer... very interested in this thread

I have UPC and to be honest at this stage I only use it for Cbeebies :-) and that is for my 1 year old to watch "The night garden"

Don't use the record anymore because I can just pull any TV series I want from XBMC. It is waste of money to have the UPC but on 12 month contract and the BB is tied into bundle and I got good deal so its not too bad.....

I think when contract is up will see what deal I can get on broadband only and then just install Saorview/Freeview in the house and use everything else via XBMC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Invincible

BenThere wrote: »
    I did and IIRC you have to download and store a ZIP file with the Logo's to your device HDD first. Once that's done you follow his instructions to link to the ZIP file (or possibly the extracted ZIP file) and Bob's your uncle, channel logo's displayed.

Any link to where you downloaded them from?

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Any link to where you downloaded them from?

http://is.gd/Icons2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,774 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is the Kobimatic app offline for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

dahat wrote: »
    Is the Kobimatic app offline for some reason?

I was about to be a smart ar$e and tell you there is no sich thing as Kobimatic but having checked Kodimatic it does look like it's disappeared or been forced offline. The https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUXeiMQL-ks&feature=youtu.be&a link on his Twitter account leads to a geological website who are obviously aware of the XBMC service as they refer to it on their homepage but the link they provide isn't correct.

A short but (in)glorious commercial venture to sell XBMC add-on's???

Was removed alright but will be back in some format soon he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Where did he say that? His Twitter account?

• Advertisement

BenThere wrote: »
    Where did he say that? His Twitter account?

A Facebook group, Xbmc 4 noobs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

If he's anything like a couple of similar people, it'll come back with adverts and charges.
    I don't really agree with the installers, as it's quite easy to do yourself, but if you don't have the time, another one, is totalxbmc.tv

They have simple links to broken addons (Apparently very up to date) so no messing around trying to figure out why somethings not working.
    Live chat also handy.
    Also, they're not likely to point you in the direction of one addon over another to earn cash. They will just recommend their chosen favourites.

I haven't spent a lot of time looking at it, but it does allow the user to decide for themselves, which is something the others don't.

Tutorials there too..
    If nothing else, it's worth a look.

Anyone's sky channels dissapear from IPTV this morning? Even EPG is not appearing although it appears on start up while refreshing. Sports channels I mean.

Anyone's sky channels dissapear from IPTV this morning? Even EPG is not appearing although it appears on start up while refreshing. Sports channels I mean.

Just checked mine, all OK.

Just checked mine, all OK.

It's running fine on phone, that's on 13.2, but earlier when I checked on box running 12.3, EPG was gone and Sports too, will look later when I get a chance, see if they've returned.

It's running fine on phone, that's on 13.2, but earlier when I checked on box running 12.3, EPG was gone and Sports too, will look later when I get a chance, see if they've returned.

I'm running Frodo on my phone and all spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I had something similar happen this morning. XBMC booted up as "initial boot". No Live TV on the main bar. Had to go into Settings/Live TV and enable it. Have vdubtv's app up & running again:D.

Have you enabled Live TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

I had something similar happen this morning. XBMC booted up as "initial boot". No Live TV on the main bar. Had to go into Settings/Live TV and enable it. Have vdubtv's app up & running again:D.

What app. does vDubtv have?

iba wrote: »
    What app. does vDubtv have?

Do a search on UUUUTuubbbe for him.:)

Not an app really, but he shows you how to configure iptv on xbmc.

It's enabled and on start up PVR populates, but then in channel menu, last update is 18/09/14.
    Maybe I'll have to uninstall and reinstall again, reboot makes no difference.

• Advertisement

It's enabled and on start up PVR populates, but then in channel menu, last update is 18/09/14.
    Maybe I'll have to uninstall and reinstall again, reboot makes no difference.

Last update for me is 18/9/14 as well. But lines 1,2,3,4.5,& 6 have green print with direct links to matches.

Last update for me is 18/9/14 as well. But lines 1,2,3,4.5,& 6 have green print with direct links to matches.

On phone (12.3 Frodo), line 1 is updated 18/9/14 @ 12.00, lines 2,3 & 4 are, Real Madrid,Swansea & Burnley games, 5 Kanal sport & 6 UK live Tv

Have to check on box yet.

On phone (12.3 Frodo), line 1 is updated 18/9/14 @ 12.00, lines 2,3 & 4 are, Real Madrid,Swansea & Burnley games, 5 Kanal sport & 6 UK live Tv

Have to check on box yet.

You are correct. Thats what I have on my box.

Checked my IPTV and was working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭iba

Do a search on UUUUTuubbbe for him.:)

Not an app really, but he shows you how to configure iptv on xbmc.

I have been following his videos for months. That's why I was wondering what you were talking about when you said an app. because I had never come across one.

iba wrote: »
    I have been following his videos for months. That's why I was wondering what you were talking about when you said an app. because I had never come across one.

Sorry for the wrong use of words:P I've been following him for a couple of months as well, but with work commitments did'nt get around to to configuring my installations of xbmc until last week. Am now watching the Formula 1 race in HD:D

I still have no EPG updating on IPTV, upon start up the info bar in top right corner updates PVR, but in channel list, last update shows as 18/9/14 with Everton vs Wolfsburg in one of first lines. Even pressing menu button on remote for EPG update does nothing. Running 12.3 Frodo.
    Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Allyall wrote: »
    If he's anything like a couple of similar people, it'll come back with adverts and charges.
    I don't really agree with the installers, as it's quite easy to do yourself, but if you don't have the time, another one, is totalxbmc.tv

They have simple links to broken addons (Apparently very up to date) so no messing around trying to figure out why somethings not working.
    Live chat also handy.
    Also, they're not likely to point you in the direction of one addon over another to earn cash. They will just recommend their chosen favourites.

I haven't spent a lot of time looking at it, but it does allow the user to decide for themselves, which is something the others don't.

Tutorials there too..
    If nothing else, it's worth a look.

Has anyone found the apk again? My box doesn't have the simpleIPTV client.

@Allyall,can you free up some space in your inbox? Trying to pm you there.

zerks wrote: »

Should have on tablet, battery is dead on it but charging now.....will check in a while again

Are you just looking to get IPTV? if so you can just follow the Youtube video

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

Try here:https://github.com/afedchin/xbmc-addon-iptvsimple

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement