Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭dahat

donegal. wrote: »
    just got delivered.
    value on label was $28 (~€28) but customs valued it at €45 so i had to pay the postman €17.35

If they value mine at €45 I paid €51 so means I won't have to pay anything..

Now that's about as likely to happen as me winning the lotto!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

dahat wrote: »
    If they value mine at €45 I paid €51 so means I won't have to pay anything..

Now that's about as likely to happen as me winning the lotto!

Why do you think you will not have to pay anything if they value it at €45?

Anything over €22 is subject to VAT and the Anpost fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Got stung too for 17.35, NL post with value as 28USD marked on it, I think the problem lies on the label where it says origin/China. Your as well off using the freepost option on gearbest and taking a chance instead of the euro or so for NL post Imo.

Also they never sent me a letter or email as they usually do. Postman was telling me that they have their eye specifically out for box's, he's delivered a good few with charges due, people werent aware or expecting it as they got no letter so it's causing a backlog for him.

reni10 wrote: »
    Why do you think you will not have to pay anything if they value it at €45?

Anything over €22 is subject to VAT and the Anpost fee.

Mis read the post,whoops.

Will expect to pay the same fee then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone shed some light for me here,I went to set up my second box and noticed firmware was 108k4 kernel August 12 but on my other box it's 110k4 kernel November

Quick search shows up 110k4 as being the firmware for the 2gb box but the box is a 1gb?

I had a look at links to firmware in freaktab but could only see 107k4 so presuming that's an older build

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone shed some light for me here,I went to set up my second box and noticed firmware was 108k4 kernel August 12 but on my other box it's 110k4 kernel November

Quick search shows up 110k4 as being the firmware for the 2gb box but the box is a 1gb?

I had a look at links to firmware in freaktab but could only see 107k4 so presuming that's an older build

You might find the 110k4 will run on the 1GB as well. More or less same box

I am going to put the following on a 1GB box, just waiting on wireless firmware update by mediaman

http://www.mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=165

5500 wrote: »

110k4 fixed Bluetooth issues if I am correct for the 2gb, not sure how it will work.on the 1gb.

There is a 109k4 for the 1gb.

Is there not a Stable Linux for the 1gb MXIII?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

My supplier said not yet.

My supplier said not yet.

Stanes has one for both 1gb and 2gb.

• Advertisement

There is, version available on the OpenELEC website which links to Russian website.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Has anyone got any boxs they would like to sell.if so send me a pm cheers all

Big Nelly wrote: »
    There is, version available on the OpenELEC website which links to Russian website.....

Unsure which one, link? Can't be bothered to register just now as on mobile.

EDIT: Found it on CNX Software but can't get a link up.

Invincible wrote: »
    I've heard of postman collecting it before.
    I try.d to pm yo back but your mailbox is full

Unsure which one, link? Can't be bothered to register just now as on mobile.

EDIT: Found it on CNX Software but can't get a link up.

http://xbmc.ru/forum/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=4587

Here is the version from Russia, use Chrome to translate

If anyone has a spare MXIII 2GB or even 1GB knocking around I am looking for one....if not will just buy from Gearbest

http://xbmc.ru/forum/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=4587

Here is the version from Russia, use Chrome to translate

Same one as I came across. No 2gb version from what I can see.

I'd imagine this runs well on the 1gb box, Open Elec gets good reports from what I have seen.

Have you tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Allyall wrote: »

Great stuff,thanks. Wasn't sure that would be suitable.

There is another unofficial build that works with patches, I can't find it at the minute, I think it's by Kerber in the Russian forums. It would be under M82 (Unofficial) builds. It may be under MXIII (2GB), it could possibly be in one of these in a test folder, I haven't checked - http://amlinux.ru/image/

• Advertisement

I'd rather install the first link to see how it goes rather than looking for patches to fix errors right after installation.

Have you tried Open Elec on any boxes you bought?

massy086 wrote: »
    I try.d to pm yo back but your mailbox is full
    its still saying full

I'd rather install the first link to see how it goes rather than looking for patches to fix errors right after installation.

Have you tried Open Elec on any boxes you bought?

Yes, I have on a few. I think I have MXLinux on my MX2 and Openelec in my sisters house. It is excellent. Also more advantages to having it (e.g. more options with IPTV and Torrents).

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jimosterberg

Anyone got a code for the MX3 2G version on Gearbest? Tried the M8L2M but this came up

Coupon code can only be used with one piece price, it can not be used with vip price, special offer, group deal at the same time.

Thanks

Anyone got a code for the MX3 2G version on Gearbest? Tried the M8L2M but this came up

Coupon code can only be used with one piece price, it can not be used with vip price, special offer, group deal at the same time.

Thanks

The code I found was GBM82LG

That is for the 2GB version, brings price to 76$

Customs value of €60 which led to €20.80 on my part.

Total cost then is €72.

Postman said nothing escapes at Xmas as Customs are trying to hit targets for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Customs value of €60 which led to €20.80 on my part.

Total cost then is €72.

Postman said nothing escapes at Xmas as Customs are trying to hit targets for the year.

We'll all wait a couple of weeks to order anything new.Might upgrade my box then.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jimosterberg

The code I found was GBM82LG

That is for the 2GB version, brings price to 76$

Thanks for that!

MXIII came with 108k4 installed.

Tried to flash Open Elec bit yet again I got Footer wrong message, installation failed.

Unbelieveable....

• Advertisement

MXIII came with 108k4 installed.

Tried to flash Open Elec bit yet again I got Footer wrong message, installation failed.

Unbelieveable....

Did you press the power button after inserting the Power cable, or did you leave it plugged in and power on?
    Also
    Make sure the SD card is flush with the outside of the case, and not slightly inside it.

EDIT
    Also redownload the ROM, just to check that it's not corrupt.

DOUBLE EDIT.
    You got that message before?
    Are you extracting the files onto the SD card, or just copying the zip file over?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement