Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is using a good VPN on these boxes easy? Is it as simple as just getting an app from the play store or for a good sign up is it a bit more complicated?

Happy Christmas everyone!

What you need it for? In Ireland we are quite lucky with not so many blocks on sites or add ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone know is there an app to use your android phone or tab as a wiFi or BT remote control with the mx3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone know is there an app to use your android phone or tab as a wiFi or BT remote control with the mx3?

I don't know about a general remote control but if you're using XBMC get Yatse. That has a remote control app for XBMC and a remote keyboard. Very handy.

timetogo wrote: »
    I don't know about a general remote control but if you're using XBMC get Yatse. That has a remote control app for XBMC and a remote keyboard. Very handy.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

My Box keeps freezing trying to use LIve Tv, Have IPTV Running, Picks up all the channels..then when i go to use it it crashes.

Any idea...its really annoying

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

D_turbo wrote: »
    My Box keeps freezing trying to use LIve Tv, Have IPTV Running, Picks up all the channels..then when i go to use it it crashes.

Are you using hes new add on?

Are you using hes new add on?

I have no idea. Mine got deleted so i redownloaded it and using Hashams IPTV Link and epgs

Disable the EPG on it. VDUBT25 has an add on now for Live TV.

I have no idea. Mine got deleted so i redownloaded it and using Hashams IPTV Link and epgs

VDUBT25 is your man!

VDUBT25 is your man!

I was goign to use him liked the look of Hashams int he videos..but there not actually working like that ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Stable release of Kodi (XBMC) 14.0 Helix released.

Anyone tried this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭Invincible

coldfire1x wrote: »

Anyone tried this yet?

Not yet, will try it tomorrow.

Anyone tried this yet?

Have RC1 on my OE and works great,few skin Issues with compatibility but nothing major. Quite likely to stay until Codesnake updates the OE with14.0 stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know where I would pick up one of these in the sales? Willing to spend 80e or so, but can wait for delivery otherwise

Anyone know where I would pick up one of these in the sales? Willing to spend 80e or so, but can wait for delivery otherwise

Done deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Anyone tried this yet?

Had it. Would'nt let me set up Live TV. Uninstalled and went back to Gotham.

Done deal!

Is the M8 the best option?

Is the M8 the best option?

I'm using the MX with openelec. Very happy with it.

Installed the Kodi (XBMC) 14.0 Helix on my tablet. Looks stable enough.

Next to install it on the Android box.

I'm using the MX with openelec. Very happy with it.

Open Elec is bloody super, mine is Codesnakes build, unofficial, but bloody great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

M8 box available on Amazon lightning deals for £60 - is this the m8 everyone is referring to?

Sorry, on amazon mobile app so didn't have link:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00Q5OJXOY/ref=gbmh_mob_s-3_4507_fc2a7cb6?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&dealid=fc2a7cb6&pf_rd_p=509784507&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=35801&pf_rd_i=19&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0M3MKMJEC1VN62NXF6H0

theShire wrote: »
    M8 box available on Amazon lightning deals for £60 - is this the m8 everyone is referring to?

I'd say so. Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

dahat wrote: »
    Have RC1 on my OE and works great,few skin Issues with compatibility but nothing major. Quite likely to stay until Codesnake updates the OE with14.0 stable.

Is you box the MXIII 1GB or 2GB? thanks

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Is you box the MXIII 1GB or 2GB? thanks

M8 as I sold the MXIII 1gb but that was running sweet as with Open Elec. Have the 2gb in transit and will possibly keep that for P2P on Android.

theShire wrote: »
    Just missed this! Back up to £94 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭Invincible

Downloaded Kodi to H5 box and installed, got an error message upon start up, "This Kodi package is not compatible with your device(arm vs x86).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I don't know why the Square M8 became so popular.. :confused: It's got tons of problems, isn't particularly cheap and doesn't support H.265
    Unless somewhere down the along the way people got confused with the Beelink M8? (Which is probably what the sellers/factory wanted.)

I wouldn't recommend the square M8 to anyone..

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't know why the Square M8 became so popular.. :confused: It's got tons of problems, isn't particularly cheap and doesn't support H.265
    Unless somewhere down the along the way people got confused with the Beelink M8? (Which is probably what the sellers/factory wanted.)

Ya. I learned that the hard way.

The WiFi was horrendous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Allyall wrote: »

I wouldnt either, have only done a bit of setting up for friend and seems very ropey,.....will get a chance tomorrow to fully test but dont think it will get much better.....

He bought from Amazon as well, afraid to ask what he paid for it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Downloaded Kodi to H5 box and installed, got an error message upon start up, "This Kodi package is not compatible with your device(arm vs x86).

There's 2 versions of Kodi - for ARM and x86.
    http://kodi.tv/download/

Did you download the right version?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement