Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Did someone mention earlier that there XBMC kodi kept crashing. Mikey 1234 has a fix in the xfinity repos!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Did someone mention earlier that there XBMC kodi kept crashing. Mikey 1234 has a fix in the xfinity repos!

It's their addons causing it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

dahat wrote: »
    Sounds like a special box alright as you put it but I would try the Just me and then one of OE or Linux.

If none work then its goosed as it could be a clone, a bad one.

Is the XBMC with the ROM causing problems?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw--cBwO_fI

this is the exact box I got from friend, same box it came in as well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,719 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Big Nelly wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw--cBwO_fI

this is the exact box I got from friend, same box it came in as well

Mine looks the sake tbh. Flash back to factory and try again with ROMS.

The box i had issues with was a Keedox one which was locked down by them. Finless from XDA/Freetab had to do a custom ROM solely for this particular M8.

Mine looks the sake tbh. Flash back to factory and try again with ROMS.

The box i had issues with was a Keedox one which was locked down by them. Finless from XDA/Freetab had to do a custom ROM solely for this particular M8.

I read on Facebook that the standard xbmc won't work on this? There is specific version?

I put on media man firmware, loaded it up with standalone app and put back in box

Xbmc work but with only audio half the time, aby of the fixes I try make it worse so sick of it and leaving as is now

• Advertisement

Can be a frustrating box, fortunately ingot no audio problems so never tried any fixes but they do work by all accounts.

Oman's 13.1 apk works or XBMC built into a ROM work best, the downloaded offical ones have glitches on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Anyone else's XBMC gone belly up? I'm getting booted out every minute.

Same happening us since yesterday. Dunno if its anything to do with it but Shows a message saying entertainment hub update failed down the bottom right hand corner when you go into xbmc and then boots you back to the home screen.

Not really tech savvy but is there an easy fix for this?

Probably should mention its a Minix Neo X8 we have

Same happening us since yesterday. Dunno if its anything to do with it but Shows a message saying entertainment hub update failed down the bottom right hand corner when you go into xbmc and then boots you back to the home screen.

If you have any xunity addons, remove them. If you think you want any back, reinstall them one by one to see if you can find if any one in particular is causing the problem (I think i read it's iStream).
    Also as mentioned above by michael999999, apparently xfinity/xunity have released a patch to stop their addons crashing xbmc.

Which version of XBMC you running?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

My minix Xbmc is working perfect, been using it all morning and using a xunity add on to watch the football., I'm on Minix v2a firmware by the way.

• Advertisement

Attached a screenshot to fix the Xunity problems

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭MickH503

So to ask the OP question from a year ago again now ... nowadays what is the best recommendation for one of these boxes? Is it all about Android boxes or are there other options? The MX III seems to be very popular now???

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Attached a screenshot to fix the Xunity problems

Its not letting me in xbmc long enough to do this, I can get as far as add ons and then get booted. Its version 13.1 we have

Its not letting me in xbmc long enough to do this, I can get as far as add ons and then get booted. Its version 13.1 we have

The best fix is to do a fresh install and not use any of their addons.
    But if you want to use them, I guess the best thing is to do a fresh install anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Allyall wrote: »
    The best fix is to do a fresh install and not use any of their addons.
    But if you want to use them, I guess the best thing is to do a fresh install anyway.

Whats the best installer?

Yourself.

I found totalxbmc installer recently to be handy, google it

But to do everything it is a personal job

or give me a few quid and I will do it:P:P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Ordered the mxiii 2gb on 5th December. Got letter from revenue today.
    The cheek of the €7 handling fee, sure lads I didn't want ye to touch it at all.

This is my 1st box, also have a new qnap server and 2 wd red 2tb drives on the way too to completely get a decent home media setup.

As it's my 1st box am I best off staying with the android that cones on it or just jumping straight to open elec or something. My current setup is pc with plex server and plex app on samsung 6 series tv.
    Will the box remove the need for plex cause I was planning on putting the plex server on the qnap.

Any thoughts lads?

gerire wrote: »
    Ordered the mxiii 2gb on 5th December. Got letter from revenue today.
    The cheek of the €7 handling fee, sure lads I didn't want ye to touch it at all.

This is my 1st box, also have a new qnap server and 2 wd red 2tb drives on the way too to completely get a decent home media setup.

As it's my 1st box am I best off staying with the android that cones on it or just jumping straight to open elec or something. My current setup is pc with plex server and plex app on samsung 6 series tv.
    Will the box remove the need for plex cause I was planning on putting the plex server on the qnap.

Any thoughts lads?

If you're going to that length, probably better without Android, as it's not the most stable at the best of times. I haven't used plex in a long time, so I don't know what the Android version is like. But there is Plexbmc to connect to your Plex server if you want inside Openelec.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

Hi I'm interested in buying one of these boxes and also wondering which is the best one to look at buying and where to buy it, would like to get it as quick as possible so willing to pay a little bit extra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Lads, what does pre-adviced mean with NL post? I ordered a box from gearbest that was shipped on the 19th of dec, its started coming up as pre adviced on the tracking site at 3.00 am this morning, I'm wondering how long deliveries generally take from this point?

Lads, what does pre-adviced mean with NL post? I ordered a box from gearbest that was shipped on the 19th of dec, its started coming up as pre adviced on the tracking site at 3.00 am this morning, I'm wondering how long deliveries generally take from this point?

2 weeks or a little less from that point.

What tracking site was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

2 weeks or a little less from that point.

What tracking site was it?

NL posts own site, its coming up on 17 transit as "transit".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

It basically means they've the label ready to ship your package with the tracking details etc. but haven't received the package yet. So they're still waiting on it to get to NL Post, then your status will start to change on the tracking page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭Invincible

If you have a look at previous post of 4 days ago, you will see progress from when pre adviced appeared, mine took 15 days in total to reach PM from being pre adviced.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lebowsky

I had the same problem, I managed to avoid a fresh install by deleting the xunitytalk addon.
    Find yourself a good file manager on playstore that allows you to see hidden files and delete them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭BEB

any one know how to add nigerian tv channels to xmbc.. please...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

Anybody have experience with this media player? Tempted to get it as it supports google play out of the box!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

N64 wrote: »
    Anybody have experience with this media player? Tempted to get it as it supports google play out of the box!
    iv heard these have a few issue.s.you would be better with
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00P7WI8AA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1420309578&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40 as they are better supported and they can run openelec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

My mxiii is on the way from China - I was wondering if there is anyway of using a Blackberry Bold to control these? I have a spare one lying around and it has one of the most usable keyboards I've ever tried. I know it is very unlikely given the different OS and probable lack of developers but thought I'd ask - it would be amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement