Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Just an FYI, someone was copying sand reselling vdubt list so he has pulled the live TV and add on for the foreseeable future....

FFS. There's always a few that spoils it for everyone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Just an FYI, someone was copying sand reselling vdubt list so he has pulled the live TV and add on for the foreseeable future....

FFS. There's always a few that spoils it for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Seems to have been this guy:

https://www.facebook.com/ben.megahey?fref=ufi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭branners69

iba wrote: »

Wonder if this is the same lad who pee'd off BBTS too. They have removed their iptv m3u links for the time being!

In saying that does anyone really use xbmc for live tv regularly? You get tv shows, movies and sport elsewhere, why would you be bothered with live tv?

branners69 wrote: »
    Wonder if this is the same lad who pee'd off BBTS too. They have removed their iptv m3u links for the time being!

In saying that does anyone really use xbmc for live tv regularly? You get tv shows, movies and sport elsewhere, why would you be bothered with live tv?

I use live TV because I live abroad; its nice to watch BBC or ITV from time to time. And football on RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dub_Jim_Royle

Can I ask you guys if the MXQ that some of you have linked to on Amazon comes loaded with xbmc etc and if not is there much to be messed around with in the setup. Have an x7 already but it all came setup already. Getting slowly used to xbmc and fiddling with settings to overcome minor problems but not sure I'd be up for a full setup.

So question is, do I go MXQ, or a miniX preloaded.

Or is there another more suitable option that you know of.

I use live TV because I live abroad; its nice to watch BBC or ITV from time to time. And football on RTE.

But there is an addon for rte ( and there is one for the BBC too) which hooks up to the live web streams, so they are much better quality and much more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bmc22

BBTS is back, you have to download the list and use local path at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can I ask you guys if the MXQ that some of you have linked to on Amazon comes loaded with xbmc etc and if not is there much to be messed around with in the setup. Have an x7 already but it all came setup already. Getting slowly used to xbmc and fiddling with settings to overcome minor problems but not sure I'd be up for a full setup.

If I were you I'd buyt the MXQ from Gearbest and use it as a learning tool, set up isnt too hard really even for a novice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Buy cheap box and then use youtube, there is nothing massively difficult when running android on these boxes. Everything now has wizard or you can add on 1 add on installer and it will install everything else....

• Advertisement

Wrong person,.....guy called Adam mcdonald

He cant even spell his own name correct with capitals:P

Fair enough Vdubt25 does a lot of work with the add on but a lot of his good stuff is P2P which anyone can do.

Him and others get all on a hump over the Live TV stuff when they are robbing it in the first place as well.

dahat wrote: »
    Fair enough Vdubt25 does a lot of work with the add on but a lot of his good stuff is P2P which anyone can do.

Him and others get all on a hump over the Live TV stuff when they are robbing it in the first place as well.

I have no problem with him, after many many failed attempts at trying to set up my own I know how much time it takes

The links are constantly changing for most of the premium channels so you need to constantly edit

Plus the guy that was robbing it was giving a "14 day free trial" and then was going to charge people. The idiot went onto Vdubt own Kodi webpage and never noticed he was admin, then posted about he got fed up because there was no proper IPTV lists with EPG so you could join his at a price after 14 days

That is what pi**ed him off....

Same happened with BBTS....people where reselling his work

Wasn't aware he was charging for the list.

I can understand his frustration then.

Wasn't aware he was charging for the list.

I can understand his frustration then.

Yeah that was the main issue, it is not the first time either....

Him and BBTS where working together at one stage as well and swapping info....both of them found there work was been robbed which was an issue if they didn't refer back to theem, but once people started charging for there work then it was an issue

That is why Vdubt pulled from IPTV into an addon....to try and stop this....

Wrong person,.....guy called Adam mcdonald

He cant even spell his own name correct with capitals:P

Apologises.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Will91w

I would recommend The Android MX Box. I bought the first version as i found it very fast and suitable for my needs.

After owing it for a while i came across 'Open Elec'. Search openelec in google.

It basically takes all the crap out of android and leaves you with just the box and XBMC.

The speed increase will be more than enough when using that box and it won't set you back any more than 80euro.

Will91w wrote: »
    I would recommend The Android MX Box. I bought the first version as i found it very fast and suitable for my needs.

After owing it for a while i came across 'Open Elec'. Search openelec in google.

It basically takes all the crap out of android and leaves you with just the box and XBMC.

The speed increase will be more than enough when using that box and it won't set you back any more than 80euro.

Bought one and arrived on Friday for 41 pound sterling.....

Vdubt is back online, will take a whiel to update, no reason why....strange.....

Vdubt25 updated earlier I think so back in action.

• Advertisement

Is it the guy Husham causing all the hassle?

Any ideas guys, so got the mx2, just had a look earlier

Rebooted box and just getting a red light, I think when it was on I used to get blue light after red....

No connection to tv, nothing....normally from what I read if firmware is fecked should still get logo, can't see anything on Google,

1.1.5 first then 1.1.6 maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Getting a bit fed up with XBMC at this stage, anything outside of a few well known addons and it's just "one or more items failed to play"
    On both an Android and Windows system, is it just me or is anyone else having these issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Getting a bit fed up with XBMC at this stage, anything outside of a few well known addons and it's just "one or more items failed to play"
    On both an Android and Windows system, is it just me or is anyone else having these issues?

Just you, XBMC/KODI plays just about every format.

Is it the guy Husham causing all the hassle?

No, Husham is the guy that runs BBTS...the other IPTV that was available. He has pulled his as well because he had the same issues as vdubt

1.1.5 first then 1.1.6 maybe?

Tried, cant get the stupid thing to boot at all.....from what I can see it is not a firmware issue. Even when the boxes are bricked they will still boot to logo...I get nothing.....

I think the power supply or system board is fecked....another week to get a replacement one and then will finally get to try OpenELEC

Just you, XBMC/KODI plays just about every format.

So everything you try to play is fine? No dead links, no 'script failed' no 'site may be down' and no 'one or more items failed to play'
    Format is irrelevant in most of those circumstances.

I'm not talking about the usual addons that just everybody uses, it's when you stray away from those few that the problems occur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

So everything you try to play is fine? No dead links, no 'script failed' no 'site may be down' and no 'one or more items failed to play'
    Format is irrelevant in most of those circumstances.

I'm not talking about the usual addons that just everybody uses, it's when you stray away from those few that the problems occur.

Everything local plays fine, your problem is with a third party addon, not XBMC

• Advertisement

Everything local plays fine, your problem is with a third party addon, not XBMC

Well I thought it was fairly obvious that my complaint was about the addons...
    It's not much use to me and I assume most others without addons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement