Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Android Box that runs XBMC - [No copyrighted material]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Well I thought it was fairly obvious that my complaint was about the addons...
    It's not much use to me and I assume most others without addons.

There are literally thousands of addons :eek:
    http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27

If you're not happy with an addon post in the thread on the Kodi forum asking for advise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Getting a bit fed up with XBMC at this stage, anything outside of a few well known addons and it's just "one or more items failed to play"
    On both an Android and Windows system, is it just me or is anyone else having these issues?

This is common.....but you are talking about addon's which are not really a discussion point on here

As I always say to everyone when they are looking at XBMC, have an idea for what you want it for, it is not everyone's cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Would be possible to post details of XBMC addons that work reasonably well, ie ones without dead links etc

k123456 wrote: »
    Would be possible to post details of XBMC addons that work reasonably well, ie ones without dead links etc

They'll be the ones listed on the box, go to settings > add-ons > get add-ons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Any ideas guys, so got the mx2, just had a look earlier, tried to install a firmware and failed

So got v1.1.6 off matricom to see if that would work, installed ok. Rebooted box and just getting a red light, I think when it was on I used to get blue light after red....

No connection to tv, nothing....normally from what I read if firmware is fecked should still get logo, can't see anything on Google,

Have you tried with the latest firmware, think it's 1.9, it's ages since I updated it. It's by far the most stable version of their crappy firmware. I've never had that happen to me when flashing the box. I always use a sd card so maybe try that if you're using a USB drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I don't think they can be discussed here. I'm sure mass_debater is aware of what you're looking for but is being intentionally obtuse about it.

I don't think they can be discussed here. I'm sure mass_debater is aware of what you're looking for but is being intentionally obtuse about it.

As I already said there are thousands of addons for XBMC and only a handful of ones for illegal streams which cannot be discussed here but you seem to be concentrating on these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

As I already said there are thousands of addons for XBMC and only a handful of ones for illegal streams which cannot be discussed here but you seem to be concentrating on these.

Wasn't a great answer to be fair. I've tried a lot of those add ons and lots of them are rubbish and don't work well.

k123456 asked for experiences of ones that work reasonably well.

timetogo wrote: »
    k123456 asked for experiences of ones that work reasonably well.

He didn't really, he asked for ones without dead links, ie he was referring to the streaming ones we have been warned not to discuss.
    There's already a thread elsewhere on app recommendations, mods haven't seen it yet
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057313961

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Have you tried with the latest firmware, think it's 1.9, it's ages since I updated it. It's by far the most stable version of their crappy firmware. I've never had that happen to me when flashing the box. I always use a sd card so maybe try that if you're using a USB drive.

I would try any firmware if I could actually boot the thing, as mentioned I am getting nothing. Not even a boot screen

Will take yours if your selling? :D

• Advertisement

He didn't really, he asked for ones without dead links, ie he was referring to the streaming ones we have been warned not to discuss.
    There's already a thread elsewhere on app recommendations, mods haven't seen it yet
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057313961

The thread as per title is to discuss XBMC hardware, not a discuss about add on's....

There is also warning in thread title about copy right material

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭KoA-Ollie

hi, just got an mxiii box but the controller for it is a bit crap, is there any controller people specifically recommend? would preferably like to get it in ireland or from amazon uk if possible, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Found this on another tread about a tablet,it's available on the playstore and looks similar to filmon, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.filmon.android.aff96658Ks&hl=en

Something else to try on my box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I would try any firmware if I could actually boot the thing, as mentioned I am getting nothing. Not even a boot screen

Will take yours if your selling? :D

Ha, nice try. Haven't got a chance to put openelec on it yet to see if it improves performance. Good luck with the flashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A mate called last night with his Android box to show me.

A Droidbox M6 with a full set up, nothing odd there but it was running 12.0 with ALL the paid sports sub's that are popular on Kodi platform.

He paid €120/from a guy selling them in a pub in town. Really odd I thought to have the paid sub's installed.

If I did a back up of his system could I replicate it on another box?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭jimosterberg

For people who bought the mxQ at 37 euro - do you have to pay the 17 euro duty and handling on top of that? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

dahat wrote: »

If I did a back up of his system could I replicate it on another box?

Nope, unfortunately it's unlikely. It uses his MAC address. Depending on the subscription he has, he may be allowed to share it on the same network, some don't allow you to change location/network and some cannot be used on a different device.
    Although, there's no harm in trying.. But he may end up with a banned account. You'd need more info about his setup.

Has anybody bought/tried one of these on an Android box or Openelec?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/dvb-t2-receiver-GENIATECH-Mygica-USB-TV-Stick-T220-DVB-T2-Tuner-DVB-C-DVB-T/616485_699124717.html
    I was asked were they any good, but I've never tried one, so I haven't a clue. I tried a similar device on a PC a year or so ago, but that was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Hi guys

I got an android box . I can watch rte 1 and rte 2 on xbmc but would like to add tv3 to favorites

Anybody know how to do this ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Thanks Extremely helpful

Thanks Extremely helpful

Links go up and down, that's Kodi for you. Hard to give stuff that's works each and every time.

• Advertisement

For people who bought the mxQ at 37 euro - do you have to pay the 17 euro duty and handling on top of that? Thanks

Yes, price from Gearbest does not include customs

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

Would the MXIII be the best box to buy for it's price? Or is there a better one for a bit more?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Lads. Got myself an mxiii from Gearbest for Christmas but only got round to using it last week. I'm not tech savvy but managed to put on istr**m to get started (thank god for Youtube :) ). Anyway, started watching a film Friday night. Turned off box and went to bed.
    Saturday night went to watch the end of the film but couldn't turn on the box. Disconnected all cables, reconnected and tried again. Nothing. Tried cocktail stick into av port as per google somewhere but still nothing. Then noticed box was very warm where power cable goes in and that plug itself was very warm also. So what do you think? Fried and fooked?
    Gonna try pick up a new adapter and see will that make any difference. If it doesn't work do any of ye know if its worth trying to get fixed here or what are Gearbest like with returns?

colcatscar wrote: »
    Lads. Got myself an mxiii from Gearbest for Christmas but only got round to using it last week. I'm not tech savvy but managed to put on istr**m to get started (thank god for Youtube :) ). Anyway, started watching a film Friday night. Turned off box and went to bed.
    Saturday night went to watch the end of the film but couldn't turn on the box. Disconnected all cables, reconnected and tried again. Nothing. Tried cocktail stick into av port as per google somewhere but still nothing. Then noticed box was very warm where power cable goes in and that plug itself was very warm also. So what do you think? Fried and fooked?
    Gonna try pick up a new adapter and see will that make any difference. If it doesn't work do any of ye know if its worth trying to get fixed here or what are Gearbest like with returns?

I have never done return with Gearbest but I seen on one thread someone had to return a phone and had no issues with full refund.

Strange about the box. I had something similar myself at weekend but with box from UK.

I cant remember on the MXIII is there a light on when you plug in power? does this come on?

Dont mind the plug or box been a bit warm, there is no fan in power so they will get a bit warm. It might be the adapter for the plug as you mention. I would check that first....

Better with match in AV port till you hear a small click but really if you are getting no power to the box then that will not help.....

Quick question guys, I have MK808B, going to build now the MX2 is f**ked. It is running 107k4 if I remembe correctly. Just turned it on and then off. Firmware looks sh*t, hate the firmware's with no off/reboot on them.

Anyone found a good stable firmware for this box? well till OpenELEC comes out...

Quick question guys, I have MK808B, going to build now the MX2 is f**ked. It is running 107k4 if I remembe correctly. Just turned it on and then off. Firmware looks sh*t, hate the firmware's with no off/reboot on them.

Anyone found a good stable firmware for this box? well till OpenELEC comes out...

Try Freektab, may be wrong but Finless has a ROM for it if my memory serves me right

dahat wrote: »
    Try Freektab, may be wrong but Finless has a ROM for it if my memory serves me right

Yeah seen a few, was wondering has anyone actually installed any of them or am I the test dummy? :D

Yeah seen a few, was wondering has anyone actually installed any of them or am I the test dummy? :D

You are the dummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Zilog

I've installed Finless 1.1 from Freaktab on the MK808B Plus, all seems well at the moment. It has reboot option too!
    I've posted instructions over on the 'Bargain Alerts' forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93804433&postcount=165

I've installed Kodi (XBMC v14 Helix) and it's running better for me than the old Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Zilog wrote: »
    I've installed Finless 1.1 from Freaktab on the MK808B Plus, all seems well at the moment. It has reboot option too!
    I've posted instructions over on the 'Bargain Alerts' forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93804433&postcount=165

I've installed Kodi (XBMC v14 Helix) and it's running better for me than the old Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC.

I also have installed Finless 1.1 but this and the original firmware seem to have an issue with Bluetooth as it is not really able to hold a bluetooth connection properly with my LG soundbar!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement