Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stitches Out!

• 22-10-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hey,

My 15 mth old Boston Terrier was neutered last Tuesday, he is due his stitches out on Friday (thank goodness keeping him occupied and relatively inactive has been a nightmare!!)

When his stitches come out will he be able to resume normal walks/activity straight away or will he still need to be on restricted exercise?

Also- I have noticed he has been scratching a lot since the surgery is this normal after anesthetic/pain meds?

Thanks Again
    Kat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

He should be grand and ready to do all his old activities when the stitches come out. I have had a few dogs neutered and some of them a flying around a day or two later (apparently they didn't hear the vets warning:D), without ill effects. Stitches are prob beginning to irritate him and perhaps 'pull' a little on his skin, if you are concerned phone the vet or drop in before Friday, they are generally happy to have a quick look.

Advertisement