Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nether - yet another survival game

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Also my experience of the "safe" zones was bandits waiting until some sort of "safe" timer runs out where the Nether floods the safe area and they basically open fire and kill everyone the second it happens and don't even bother killing any Nether.

When it happened I ran into a building and looked out the window to see some bandit being swarmed with Nether attacking him and all he was focusing on was some poor newbie trying to run away, shooting him with an assault rifle while the newbie had a melee weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Cravez wrote: »
    Also my experience of the "safe" zones was bandits waiting until some sort of "safe" timer runs out where the Nether floods the safe area and they basically open fire and kill everyone the second it happens and don't even bother killing any Nether.

When it happened I ran into a building and looked out the window to see some bandit being swarmed with Nether attacking him and all he was focusing on was some poor newbie trying to run away, shooting him with an assault rifle while the newbie had a melee weapon.

The developers did seem to promise that camping and being camped would be the core gameplay experience in their "story" trailer. Even in the story trailer, the camper picked off the human first, nether second.

All in all, it left me cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Sand wrote: »
    The developers did seem to promise that camping and being camped would be the core gameplay experience in their "story" trailer. Even in the story trailer, the camper picked off the human first, nether second.

All in all, it left me cold.

There's camping outside safe zone limits and waiting for someone to cross the safe line, and then there's what I experienced where you are within the safe zone itself, browsing the global market interface and get rail roaded by some bandit who is literally a breathe away from your neck to finish you off while you're none the wiser at a disadvantage because you're selling/storing items on the GMI.

It happened multiple times as well. Anytime I was in the safe zone I was probably felt the most un-safe, I did my business and left because every single time the alarm would raise and heavily armed guys would mow down everyone else while they were checking their inventory or the global market.

It's not a bad game, it has a ton of potential but they need the right mechanics in place to make it work well.

Advertisement