Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Setting for a Globesurfer router

Options
  • 22-10-2013 1:02pm

Hi, Hope someone can help,

where I live its one of those areas that you cannot get wired internet and is in a blackhole for all mobile connectionS apart from emobile/meteor

i have a router from meteor and in the correct spot in the window,standing on one leg with a spoon in one hand i could get a very weak HSPDA signal that jumped back and forth from HSPDA and 3G.

So, i got my hands on a Globesurfer with an Aerial, Now I can get signal, mid-HSPDA but no speed.

I know there is tons of reasons for speed, but I can get 5-6 mbps on the phone, but on .5 on the router at the same time

HELP PLEASE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Ok well you are connected but probably only with EDGE / WAP settings. 3G / HSPDA settings are simple as:

APN: data.mymeteor.ie OR isp.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: meteor

hi cheers for that

yea it seems like its something like that,

no those settings have made no difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Can you post up the details of the router, it is possible that it doesn't work on the same band as Meteor 3G.

advertsfox wrote: »
    Can you post up the details of the router, it is possible that it doesn't work on the same band as Meteor 3G.

Hi
    It's a Globesurfer 3, it was an O2 model that's unlocked

Any help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You have the power connected, yes?

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    You have the power connected, yes?

As in plugged in, yes if so ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Get a directional outdoor 3G aerial and connect it to your router.

Something like this.

Torqay wrote: »
    Get a directional outdoor 3G aerial and connect it to your router.

Something like this.

The signal is not 3 bars out of 5, the router has an external aerial, but no speed

Advertisement