Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,617 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Anyone know the best or easiest way to get to the Marquee? I'm planning on going tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Actually could someone mark the exact location on google maps as I'm having trouble finding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Suas11 wrote: »
    Actually could someone mark the exact location on google maps as I'm having trouble finding it.

Here, where the fun fair is set up... obviously that's not going to be there too :)

Ooops, forgot the google maps link :o

https://www.google.ie/maps/@51.8993665,-8.4394559,670m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭PanaDrama

Sounds like Bob was rubbish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

PanaDrama wrote: »

I thought for a Bob gig it was excellent! You are never going to come away from a Dylan concert totally fulfilled as you are going to recognise half the songs if you are lucky but last night, he was in good form, looked like he was enjoying it and his voice was in good shape (in relation to how I've heard it on previous occasions)

I think a huge part if seeing a Dylan gig is to see the man himself. You have to really love him and appreciate just seeing a genius in the flesh to enjoy one of his concerts as I do believe the music is only half of the trill for me.

The band as always were super, however it's been the same set list since at least early last year so they've had plenty of rehearsal.

At this stage, if you book a ticket for a Bob Dylan concert and don't know what to expect then I think you only have yourself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

why do you say that?
    The report in the Examiner today was positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Pity Bob wouldnt do at least one classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

mikeym wrote: »
    Pity Bob wouldnt do at least one classic.

Blowing in the Wind!
    All along the Watchtower!
    Tangled up in Blue!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

It,s my seventh time seeing bob and I thought last night was probably the best yet. His voice sounded good and the band were excellent. I,m sorry I did,nt get tickets for Dublin also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

was there many at it, only up the road but didn't notice any mad traffic around

Milly33 wrote: »
    was there many at it, only up the road but didn't notice any mad traffic around

According to the paper this morning it was near capacity. The standing area was fairly full and the seating area was the same with a few empty seats. First time there and would definitely go back. Really enjoyable night

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mackthefinger

Third time seeing Bob in the Marquee and thought it was a great
    show. Good sprinkling of classics amidst some of his more recent
    output from 'tempest' and others. The man himself was in fine fettle
    and seemed to be enjoying himself.

Always enjoy seeing Bob in the Marquee, lower capacity and nice
    to spend a couple of days in Cork. Does anyone know if the dancers
    that appeared on stage with Bob were anything to do with swing dancers
    in Crane lane later? No dancers in the o2 the following night.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭PanaDrama

why do you say that?
    The report in the Examiner today was positive.

Most of the threads and feedback on social media was negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Most of the threads and feedback on social media was negative.

That might say more about those on social media perhaps not knowing much about Dylan and his concerts. I'd love to know what they were expecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

That might say more about those on social media perhaps not knowing much about Dylan and his concerts. I'd love to know what they were expecting?

:D True, Bob could have the best soundstage in the world and still sound like a brick in a tumble dryer. The man is a legend of songwriting and had a great sound in his heyday but his voice is a mess. Was that the first Marquee gig so far? Any word from other gigs on the sound? Last year I thought it sounded just fine. The Marquee always seems to have this preconception that the sound is sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Bacchus wrote: »
    :D True, Bob could have the best soundstage in the world and still sound like a brick in a tumble dryer. The man is a legend of songwriting and had a great sound in his heyday but his voice is a mess. Was that the first Marquee gig so far? Any word from other gigs on the sound? Last year I thought it sounded just fine. The Marquee always seems to have this preconception that the sound is sh*te.

It was the fifth gig - kicked off June 9th.

How much was Bob?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How much was Bob?

€65 to €76 ex Ticketmaster taxes and charges.

Who were the most expensive and cheapest acts there this year?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who were the most expensive and cheapest acts there this year?

No idea on cheapest but at €86+ Dolly Parton was most expensive I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Going to Paoulo Nutini staying the city centre
    is it a far walk?
    Is there a cloakroom?
    Will it be muddy?

is it a far walk?
    Is there a cloakroom?
    Will it be muddy?

Depends on your definition of far;

No;

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cmat

Saw tom jones last night just brilliant sat half way down the middle and enjoyed him hugely. Devoted fans and lots of welsh there. Seating quite comfy plenty of clean toliets and cold beer. First time and hooked. Didnt play pussycat cat though!

Saw tom jones last night just brilliant sat half way down the middle and enjoyed him hugely. Devoted fans and lots of welsh there. Seating quite comfy plenty of clean toliets and cold beer. First time and hooked. Didnt play pussycat cat though!

cmat wrote: »

So you said:D

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    So you said:D

Modern phones i know im shamed!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

is it a far walk?
    Is there a cloakroom?
    Will it be muddy?

From the marquee it's about a 15/20 minute stroll to the City centre, maybe 10ish minutes to say the Sextant pub - one of the pubs nearest the Marquee in the City.

No cloakroom.

The site is all tarmac so you wouldn't even get mud in the winter, never mind in this weather. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

does anyone know what time the main act should be on stage? going to see Biffy Clyro this Friday night

Advertisement