Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Slipshaney wrote: »
    does anyone know what time the main act should be on stage? going to see Biffy Clyro this Friday night

I don't there's any support for them so relatively early I expect - 8 or close after.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 86,617 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd say Shane didn't sell well at all as many tickets being given away in competitions now and for his advertisement they play all Westlife songs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

What a fantastic gig. Absolutely brilliant. One of the greatest concerts I have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

What a fantastic gig. Absolutely brilliant. One of the greatest concerts I have ever seen. (Sorry typo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

:( I had to miss it. Was looking forward to that gig since it was announced and then I got shipped off to the UK for work. Raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AoifeBurke

evilivor wrote: »
    I don't there's any support for them so relatively early I expect - 8 or close after.

Wounds are the support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Dan Dare wrote: »
    What a fantastic gig. Absolutely brilliant. One of the greatest concerts I have ever seen.

Weren't they fantastic?! It was over too soon. Ended on a great high with the whole Marquee singing "one day like this". :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Weren't they fantastic?! It was over too soon. Ended on a great high with the whole Marquee singing "one day like this". :cool:

Totally agree, I've never been at a gig where they didn't play the favourite songs I was hoping for, but they still managed to blow all my expectations out of the water! They were amazing! Absolutely loved every minute. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

thanks for that - would this mean Biffy wouldnt be ontill 9 or so?
    AoifeBurke wrote: »

• Advertisement

AoifeBurke wrote: »

When were they announced?

Slipshaney wrote: »
    thanks for that - would this mean Biffy wouldnt be ontill 9 or so?

No bother. From Ticketmaster Ireland's Twitter: "WOUNDS & @aplasticrose to open for @BiffyClyro Live at Marquee Cork. Doors - 7pm, A Plastic Rose 7:15pm, Wounds - 8pm, Biffy Clyro @ 9pm"

When were they announced?

Yesterday on their FB page. From Ticketmaster Ireland's Twitter page today: "WOUNDS & @aplasticrose to open for @BiffyClyro Live at Marquee Cork. Doors - 7pm, A Plastic Rose 7:15pm, Wounds - 8pm, Biffy Clyro @ 9pm"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chloechristine

Hi I'm just wondering are plastic bottles allowed in to the marquee? Do they check bags? Thanks.

Hi I'm just wondering are plastic bottles allowed in to the marquee? Do they check bags? Thanks.

They checked handbags last year not sure about this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Ive never had my bag checked going there ..my friend wasnt checked going into Tom Jones last week...I havent been down yet this year(will be going over weekend) but I doubt that you would be checked..:)

Colser wrote: »
    Ive never had my bag checked going there ..my friend wasnt checked going into Tom Jones last week...I havent been down yet this year(will be going over weekend) but I doubt that you would be checked..:)

I got my bag checked last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

For anyone who wants tickets for Biffy Clyro,they are hiding tickets around the city this morning.Good on them.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/biffy-lead-cork-fans-on-treasure-hunt-ahead-of-live-at-the-marquee-gig-273564.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

The girls went to a night club after the gig and the alleged assaults happened after that.
    What has the gig on the Marquee got to do with it? How come the article associates the alleged assaults with the gig and not the unnamed nightclub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well said, I heard it on the news aswell and all the mentioned was the marquee.. Hope the girls are ok..

Surprised to see so many youngins gathered outside the marquee this morning waiting for Biffy.. Though they were more of an older group

The girls went to a night club after the gig and the alleged assaults happened after that.
    What has the gig on the Marquee got to do with it? How come the article associates the alleged assaults with the gig and not the unnamed nightclub?

Some speculation the alleged assailants are part of Derulo's entourage/tour staff, I think it was an after party at Savoy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Some speculation the alleged assailants are part of Derulo's entourage/tour staff, I think it was an after party at Savoy

I'd suggest speculation like that is best kept out of a thread like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Guys, lets just keep it to a discussion on the Marquee gig itself, not what happened outside it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Any pubs/beer gardens near the marquee?

zweton wrote: »

On Blackrock Road there is a few, coming down from Boreenmanna Road and there is Sextant on the Quay and Clarion Hotel bar

Coming from town some nice bars Idle Hour, Goodbergs, Sextant.

Sextant has nice outdoor area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Coming from town some nice bars Idle Hour, Goodbergs, Sextant.

Sextant has nice outdoor area.

+1. And they have great music on a Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Could I walk from sextants to the marquee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Could I walk from sextants to the marquee?

Definitely. 10-15 minute walk.

Advertisement