Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Malari wrote: »
    Definitely. 10-15 minute walk.

What would it be to walk from city?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

zweton wrote: »
    What would it be to walk from city?

Maybe another 5-10 minutes, depending on what part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

anyone find any Lana tickets for sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Sam Mac wrote: »
    anyone find any Lana tickets for sale?

Some went up for sale magically last week but keep on looking on the ticket master site up to the say you might get tickets as i never believe myself that shows are always sold out tickets will always come up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

The Pixies were superb last night, my ears are still ringing :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

Loire wrote: »
    The Pixies were superb last night, my ears are still ringing :pac::D

Yep - just belted them out! It looked like they enjoyed the gig too and there was a great crowd at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Yeah, straight into it , no messin'!! Loved when they got together for the bow at the end, great gig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Heading down for Paolo Nutini and making a night of it...where would you head out fater it?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Heading down for Paolo Nutini and making a night of it...where would you head out fater it?

It pretty much depends on what you are looking for?

A good pub and then late bar or club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Cork has loads of good pubs, The Oval, The Electric, The Woodford, Sin E, Bodega etc. All of them very different. You may need to be more specific, otherwise, just wander into town and you'll find plenty of good pubs. Oliver Plunket Street has a good few pubs along if for you choose from. Grand Parade and Washington St are two other areas full of good pubs.

I'm a bit out of touch with the 'late night' scene but Crane Lane is always a good choice and is better than whatever flavour of the month generic nightclub is going. Voodoo currently holds that crown as the club to be in these days... unless it's moved on again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

So, anyone been to the Prodigy last night? I'd love to hear how it went.

What kind of ground is the marquee,grass tarmac wood or plastic concert flooring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

What kind of ground is the marquee,grass tarmac wood or plastic concert flooring

Concrete as far as I remember...

Ok thanks was wondering would i need wellies

Yeah, it's concrete/gravel surface IIRC. No need for the wellies :)

Could ya wear heels?be going out after it

Could ya wear heels?be going out after it

No idea of the perils of heels in gravel/concrete but it's a long walk back to town to be in heels I imagine. And good luck getting a taxi in the crowds.

Is there buses or just taxi or walk

Is there buses or just taxi or walk

Not sure about buses. I usually taxi in and walk back, if feeling lazy, try and flag a taxi on the way when the crowds thin out. It's not a bad walk really, but high heels I'd say wouldn't be ideal. There are some bars that side of town you could use as a half way point in to town to stop for a drink :)

• Advertisement

Has anyone got their National tickets for next Monday?

The Elbow ones arrived back in January but I never got the National ones. When I go the ticketmaster site it says they are "being processed" and to not contact them earlier than 3 days before the event if I haven't got my tickets.

Whoop! The National tonight! Hopefully the rain holds off this evening. Should be an awesome gig regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Bacchus wrote: »
    Whoop! The National tonight! Hopefully the rain holds off this evening. Should be an awesome gig regardless.
    You got your tickets? Any information on the supporting act(s) and the running schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Lemag wrote: »
    You got your tickets? Any information on the supporting act(s) and the running schedule?

Phosphorescent are supporting.

Lemag wrote: »

Kinda, I contacted Ticketmaster. They posted em, I never received em. Must have got lost in post. I'm collecting at the box office booth this evening instead :)

I don't know any detail of the support acts or running schedule actually. I'll be aiming to get in around 8pm. Should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Stage Times for tonight

Phosphorescent 7.15pm;

The National 8.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Bacchus wrote: »
    Kinda, I contacted Ticketmaster. They posted em, I never received em. Must have got lost in post. I'm collecting at the box office booth this evening instead :)
    Friends of mine were in a similar situation for the Elbow gig. They had no hassle with getting their tickets at the box office as they went in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Does anyone know the stage times for Lana tomorrow ?. I am guessing 8.30 ?

Awesome gig! Matt is a legend going through the crowds like that :) They really got the crowd going for the big ones. Best bits for me though were the slower songs (Ada, Slow Show, Exile, Hard to Find, Vanderlyle, Demons). The Geese of Beverly Road was the stand out song on the night for me. Matt voice is incredible and they are mesmerising to see live. The light show was impressive too.

The only blip on the night was Pink Rabbits, don't know what happened but Matt's voice was all over the place for it, it actually sounded bad. That song was the highlight last year, this year... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

Ya was a great show, they seemed to have a bit more energy last year though.

I was sitting in the C stand and Matt wandered over. Got to help him up the steps and carry the microphone cable for him :) He just stood at the top of the steps, dropped the mic and headed back to the stage! Seemed well out of it.

Advertisement