Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nationwide UK Ireland Regular saver Account

Options
  • 22-10-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi Im a complete finance noobie.
    Has anyone on here have this type of account with Nationwide UK.
    I know they are regulated by UK, not irish central bank.

This account, promises 4% AER variable. Is this guaranteed? How variable is it, are interest rates influenced by ECB?

Are nationwide UK ireland new in Ireland?

I could lodge 1000e/month no problem, this account with its high interest rate looks promising?
    Is there many branches around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭franer1970

Citroen2cv wrote: »

They have only one, on Merrion Row in Dublin. http://www.nationwideuk.ie/savings/accountaccess/call-in.asp

The strangely named site bonkers.ie is useful for comparing the various savings schemes out there. 4% is best going, according to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They've been around a few years in Ireland, and are part of Nationwide, the UK's biggest building society.

Most of the Irish service was designed to be done by post/telephone/internet, hence the lack of branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Is this guaranteed?

The first 100,000 EUR is insured by the UK FSA. i.e. The UK government guarantee the first 100,000 EUR
    How variable is it, are interest rates influenced by ECB?

Rates are influenced by a number of factors, ECB is one of them.

This account is a promotional offer, the rate is likely to decline over time.
    Are nationwide UK ireland new in Ireland?

Here a few years.
    I could lodge 1000e/month no problem, this account with its high interest rate looks promising?

Yeah, great return for your money while the rate lasts.

Two. One in the IFSC / Spencer Dock and one near St. Stephen's Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭topper_harley2

I have one set up. Very straightforward. As above rate is currently best in class but may decrease in future. See http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=90481 for best deposit buys for different account types. That's updated very regularly.

Advertisement