Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favorite gaming mouse?

Options
  • 22-10-2013 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭

What mouse do you use and why?

I'm torn between a logitech G9x and a Razer, I currently use a Logitech G500 which is fine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I had a Razer Naga back in my WoW and MMO days. It was often seen as a gimmicky and over-rated mouse by a lot of angry gamer types.

BUT, it was actually a very good mouse. Easy to macro, great motion control and very very responsive.

Sadly mine broke when I was moving house and seeing as I don't play any MMO's these days, I've reverted back to a simple mouse set up, but I do miss that Naga at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,303 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

G700

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

MX518 for me, five years old and still rocking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

hmm I was actually looking at the naga hex, but I mostly play fps games, so I'm not sure ^ ^.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Great deal. I doubt you will end up buying another mouse if it's in good condition.

As a long time logitech user I instantly felt like I'd been using the Perixx for years apart from adjusting to the higher dpi. It's got a similar shape.

I really can't fault it for €30. I couldn't fault it for €50.

Time will tell if it's as reliable. My old logitech is still going strong after a good 6 years of use.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Great deal. I doubt you will end up buying another mouse if it's in good condition.

As a long time logitech user I instantly felt like I'd been using the Perixx for years apart from adjusting to the higher dpi. It's got a similar shape.

I really can't fault it for €30. I couldn't fault it for €50.

Time will tell if it's as reliable. My old logitech is still going strong after a good 6 years of use.

I also picked up:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005X784X0/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and a used:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005X784WG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had the old G9 and it was good, although the buttons all failed after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭connorfleming

My G600's pretty awesome, no complaints about it at all. Reprogrammable keys and different profiles are amazing, especially with 3 stored on the mouse itself. Great price to performance in my opinion.

My G600's pretty awesome, no complaints about it at all. Reprogrammable keys and different profiles are amazing, especially with 3 stored on the mouse itself. Great price to performance in my opinion.

Just took a look at a review. It does seem a good mouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Razer DeathAdder for me. I am on my second one at the moment, after the first middle button broke to over use I did try the Imperator but didn't feel right, so got another DeathAdder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Zowie AM Pro gaming mouse ,
    I've had this for about six months. It's an excellent mouse that has no terrible software or drivers to deal with.
    http://www.zowiegear.com/index.php?i=product&p=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkYSEevLI9g

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Diddy Kong wrote: »
    Razer DeathAdder for me. I am on my second one at the moment, after the first middle button broke to over use I did try the Imperator but didn't feel right, so got another DeathAdder.

I have the DeathAdder as well, it's a nice mouse but the scroll wheel seems a bit cheap on mine. Could see it failing at some point :( . I had a Diamondback 3G Razer before that and the scroll wheel screwed up (although a vodka and coke soaking of it previously possibly didn't help!)

Nick

2 razer owners with 2 broken middle mouse buttons/scroll wheels with doubts about a 3rd one lasting. Not exactly what you expect from a premium product.

I know they are hugely popular but imo Razer products are over rated and over priced. They spend more on marketing than they do on their products.

I had similar issues with my Logitech G9, the mouse wheel stopped working, which I could live with, but then the left click went. This happened after about a year or so. I've since bought the G500 and it has no issues at all. I'm hoping the G9x I've just purchased (cheap because it has a call of duty badge ^ ^) will hold up a bit better.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

BloodBath wrote: »
    2 razer owners with 2 broken middle mouse buttons/scroll wheels with doubts about a 3rd one lasting. Not exactly what you expect from a premium product.

I know they are hugely popular but imo Razer products are over rated and over priced. They spend more on marketing than they do on their products.

Did you find the scroll when would scroll down when scrolling up occasionally and vice versa? Think I will be looking elsewhere for my next mouse! I do like the rubber non glossy coating on the Razers though :) , hands don't sweat as much during use

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd go logitech from now on, very reliable I'm currently using a 10 year old G5 and it's still perfect.

I had to switch back to it after the fancy RAT 7 mouse broke down almost as soon as it came out of the box. I'm never spending money on a fancy mouse again.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

yoyo wrote: »
    Did you find the scroll when would scroll down when scrolling up occasionally and vice versa? Think I will be looking elsewhere for my next mouse! I do like the rubber non glossy coating on the Razers though :) , hands don't sweat as much during use

Nick

Scroll on mine still worked fine, it was the middle click that failed, too much browsing/closing tabs. My second one has been on the go for 5 years now with no issues. Average that over the cost of the mouse and it's been a tenner a year.

I cannot find a more comfortable mouse and I have played around with a few of them.

yoyo wrote: »

Nick

I have the perixx not the Razer. The black perixx also has a rubberised surface and thumb + pinkie rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was tempted to get a Roccat Kone+ when my beloved MX518 gave up the ghost and I bought a G500 instead, anyone ever try their range?

• Advertisement

Skerries wrote: »
    I was tempted to get a Roccat Kone+ when my beloved MX518 gave up the ghost and I bought a G500 instead, anyone ever try their range?

Amazon reviews are worse than terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 prettyHulk

I have the Logitech g700s and I think it's awesome. The best thing about it is the high quality. It doesn't lag at all and feels great. Imho gaming with a wireless mouse is much more comfortable. And it's not as expensive as some Razer or Mad Catz models.

Nice looking mouse. Is weight an issue, weight plays a terrible part in aiming. If a mouse is a bit on the heavy side your aim will not be as smooth due to inertia between stop and start, this is another reason why I use an alt fire key on my keyboard as pressing the mouse key for continuous fire adds weight, not too good for a lg in quake ^ ^.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Got a g9x, great claw mouse, but one thing bugs me, the removable cases rattle. Going to have to add some glue to it I think.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

have a death adder for years, side mouse button broke very fast and starting to have issues with pressing the scroll butt now, but it's old. Great mouse apart from that.

Advertisement