Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download speed 120 kbps upload speed 0.12Mb.s

• 22-10-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi is there anyone who can help / advise me on what to do. I have Eircom broadband and it has always been working fine however the last two weeks it is taking forever to open a page and impossible to upload photos from my phone using the home wifi it is so slow it times out the whole time. There were no problems like this just two weeks ago. I rang Eircom who said that I needed to upgrade to a better type of connection and this would require a more expensive bill and a new one year contract. My current contract expires in May next year so to upgrade it would only expire this time next year plus more expensive. I thought about it and told her it didnt make sense as just two weeks ago everything was working it was only since then (they cut off my line and internet as my bill was late and then reconnected it just a mater of days as I paid it the moment I realised it was disconnected but it took them a week to reconnect). Anyway I said no thanks to the contract and spoke to technical support they did a line test speed and it says my line is running at download speed 120 kbps and upload speed 19kbps or 0.12Mb.s He said he cant see why as there was no line fault and they will post out a new modem and see what happens then. Can anyone advise me on what it may be causing this I feel almost certain its something to do with the way they reconnected my broadband from eircom but the man I spoke to cant see anything different is that possible? The broadband speed test was done at broadbandspeedtest.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

try a speed test here http://myspeed.visualware.com/index.php you'll get more info

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

First rule out stuff at your end because there is nothing any ISP can or will do about that.

plug a cable directly into the router so the speed test isn't over wifi

unplug everything from the phone socket so the only thing left is the router - even bypass the filter - take a photo so you know where everything goes

turn off cordless phones or move them and their base stations out of the room

then try the speed test again

if there is an improvement plug things back in one at a time to see if you can ID a culprit.

try the phone on it's own, any noises ?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭5littleangels

thanks so much i'll try these things !

Advertisement