Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera advice needed, please help.

Options
  • 22-10-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

My friends elderly mother has had her car vandalised on three occasions while it has been parked in her apartment complex. The car was parked in the underground facility but the only security cameras there are used to monitor the entrance/exit. She has complained to the management and they have said that there has been no unusual comings or goings on their camera footage and so it must be someone else living in the complex.

The problem with that is that the woman does not know anybody else living in the complex. She is very quiet and keeps herself to herself so the only reason that we can think of is somebody being randomly spiteful or a case of mistaken identity. Either way the car has been damaged three times in the past month and the management are not being very helpful at all.

Can anybody advise on a camera which we could place discreetly either inside of the car or surrounding area which could catch the culprit in the act? I would not have a clue about security cameras or any of the technical jargon that goes with them so I would not be any use here but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

What kind of damage is being done to the car? Reason I ask is that if her tyres are being slashed for example, that probably won't get captured on a dashboard cam.

Having said that, I think that your only option is a camera in the car itself - management/other tenants may not be too happy about you putting cameras around the garage itself. There are plenty of dashboard cams on ebay that can be set to only record when something steps into its field of vision, thus saving battery life and camera memory. Can't recommend any particular brands as I haven't used them, hopefully someone else can step in and help.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

Thank you for your reply Mike. I apologize for my late reply but I have been offline for a few days.

They have cracked her rear window, left large scratches on the bonnet, cut her areal and on another occasion they left scratches along the door. I am not sure if a camera mounted on the dashboard would have been any use as I thought it may be to easy for them to spot it and just walk past.

Advertisement