Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays on JSA

Options
  • 22-10-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm on JSA and going on holidays in November. I went into my local office today to apply for my holidays.
    The guy in there told me I needed to provide flight information, etc. I didn't have any of this info with me, so I couldn't do it. I think it's completely ridiculous that they need flight info. I mean, if I was working for an employer, I would just apply for holidays, and they wouldn't ever ask where I was going, and on what flight. It's none of their business! If for example, I was going down the country on holidays, what proof would I have to provide then? It makes no sense. I should be able to do what I want during my holidays, go where I want. Ugh, rant over :D

Anyway, if I apply for my holidays online do they ask for flight information, does anybody know? Because I currently don't have access to flight details. My brother booked my flights as a present, so he was my details. So if I don't need them to apply for holidays online, I could do it myself. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until the weekend til he gets a chance to send them to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I just filled in a form, didn;t need flight details, seems to depend who ya talk to!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GlowStick

dearg lady wrote: »
    I just filled in a form, didn;t need flight details, seems to depend who ya talk to!

Great thanks. Might go in again tomorrow to someone else and see! If not, I'll try online :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

ring them and ask them to post a form out to you .

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭GlowStick

ring them and ask them to post a form out to you .

I asked them today if I could take the form home and bring it back in tomorrow, but was told I couldn't take the form. It had to be filled out in the office, which i thought was a load of bull! :mad:

Advertisement