Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund 7:45pm (TV3 and ITV1)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Reus having a meh game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

No free kick for that push on Lewandowski? God knows why :confused:

klose wrote: »
    Reus having a meh game

Arteta has really curbed his influence as the game has gone on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Koscielny looking sluggish, Lewandowski must be weighing him down what with him being in his pocket and all.

Cazorlas shooting threat has really opened it up for us. Ozil getting into it a bit more out wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ozil doing one for the team sticking out right to give us proper width

Tis will be some very long minutes...I don't trust that scoreline...me nerves :(

Shouldn't be on the pitch.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Koscielny looking sluggish, Lewandowski must be weighing him down what with him being in his pocket and all.

Oh you're in trouble now

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Ohhhh some kick in the teeth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Just when it looked like we were on top

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Uh talk about against the run of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Typical Lewandowski putting the ball into the net.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tits! Great goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

What's that?

FÚCK....:mad: Totally against the run of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Brilliant goal. Harsh on Arsenal has to be said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yeah. In his pocket. What with him having 30 yards of space for his goal and all.

• Advertisement

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss

effin yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fowler87 wrote: »
    What's that?

Meh, was true when I said it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Brilliant goal. Dortmund been poor on the break, thought Arsenal could nick it before that counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Was convinced that Arsenal would grab a winner. Goal from nowhere for BVB then..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

sick about that to be honest, lewa should have been off for that elbow, and we were well on top.
    Dortmund a quality team though

King slayer!

here comes the First Samurai

Keno wrote: »
    Typical Lewandowski putting the ball into the net.

Brings back memories of Batistuta back in 99 at Wembley. He done nothing...got one ball....BANG!! Thats the difference between the real top class strikers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Come on Nicky B. Two goals now and I'll start to forgive you for clearing that shot off the line.

That's a lie, no way would I do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

bad2dabone wrote: »
    sick about that to be honest, lewa should have been off for that elbow, and we were well on top.
    Dortmund a quality team though

Elbow me bollix. He put his arm up like all players do when the balls in the air. It's his fault if an Arsenal player runs into it? It's not like he swung his arm......it wasn't even moving.

• Advertisement

Referee's horrid

Why are people leaving? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Could be hard work now for Arsenal to qualify. Trips to Dortmund and Napoli to come.

Dortmund on the other hand will play both still at home.

Ah well can't win them all!

Kirby wrote: »
    Elbow me bollix.

present them

If there is one thing worse then losing in this manner its having to listen to that Trevor Welch. He just loves to see us lose.

If there is one thing worse then losing in this manner its having to listen to that Trevor Welch. He just loves to see us lose.

Saying dortmund played brilliant, ye maybe for the first 20 mins.

Hes actually blown that up before the 3 minutes when half of added time the ball has been in touch, wow.

Feel like hes given us absolutely nothing

Boooooooooooooooooooooooorussiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D

That's so amazing :)

• Advertisement

Draw was a fair result imo but makes the group very interesting, tough 2 away games in germany and italy for arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Nuclear scenario comes to pass.

Think we deserved something from that; definitely we're the better team in the second half but that's the lesson when you play the top quality sides - you get punished for any lapse in concentration.

WP BVB.

Bring on the derby now, I wouldn't complain about the same result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Unlucky tonight. We showed we can definitely mix it with the big guns. Were the better side for most of the match and got to see santi and ozil work well together.

Need to make sure we do the job in the league in the next few weeks and head to Dortmund knowing we can get something there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ref was whistle happy and Dortmund exploited that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ref wasn't ideal but tbh that's no excuse. He didn't make any outrageous calls against us. We basically made one individual error which led to a goal (which the keeper arguably should have saved anyway) and then got caught up the pitch by one of the best if not the best counter attacking team in the game. As I said; you get punished when you make mistakes against the best in the world and Dortmund are amongst the best in the world. Hopefully they learn from this going forward, bounce back versus Palace and get ready for the Liverpool - Dortmund - United run of games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

klose wrote: »
    Draw was a fair result imo but makes the group very interesting, tough 2 away games in germany and italy for arsenal

Tbh we've shown better form away from home over the last 20 games. I think we could do Napoli away and a draw against Dortmund is doable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I dont think Arsenal should get too down over this, Dortmund are at worst a top four side in europe and are after all the current runners up.

It's the old point but English football isnt up to scratch on the continent, two of the top four in the premier league have now been beaten at home by the German top two and one of them in utterly humiliating fashion. Its mad to actualy think but if both teams had fully fit squads available the only Arsenal player who is a shoe in to make a "best 11" between them would be Ozil imo. Would take Gundogan & Bender over Arteta & Flamini and would only fit Ozil in with Mkhitaryan and Reus behind Lewandowski. Dortmund's starting back four i'd maybe replace Schmelzer with Gibbs and that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Still think Dortmund were the better side. We were hoping for a draw at home and Dortmund knew exactly what to do. I think I'd have been upset if an Arsenal player had been sent off for a challenge like Lewandowski's so I won't complain about that. We were missing Flamini big time in front of the back four.

Advertisement