Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to a match?? Must see!

Options
  • 22-10-2013 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭

If you're flying in to Stanstead for a match, you'll want to read this!!

https://www.stanstedexpress.com/timetable/service-alterations

Service Alterations

Date Summary
    Sunday 27 October 2013 Normal service now runs - engineering work cancelled »
    Saturday 9 - Sunday 10 November 2013 Bus replacement all weekend »
    Monday 11 - Friday 15 November 2013 Overnight Engineering Work »
    Saturday 16 - Sunday 17 November 2013 Bus replacement all weekend »
    Monday 18 - Thursday 21 November 2013 Overnight Engineering Work »
    Saturday 23 - Sunday 24 November 2013 Bus replacement all weekend »
    Sunday 1 December 2013 Bus replacement until 10.55 »
    Sunday 8 December 2013 Bus replacement until 10.55 »
    Sunday 15 December 2013 Bus replacement until 10.55 »
    Sunday 22 December 2013 Bus replacement until 09.10 »
    Monday 23 December 2013 Overnight Engineering Work »
    Tuesday 24 December 2013 Christmas Eve - Special Service »
    Wednesday 25 December 2013 No service »
    Thursday 26 December 2013 Special Service »
    Friday 27 December 2013 Special Service »
    Saturday 28 - Sunday 29 December 2013 Trains diverted via Stratford. »
    Saturday 4 - Sunday 5 January 2014 Bus replacement all weekend. »
    Saturday 11 - Sunday 12 January 2014 Bus replacement all weekend »
    Saturday 18 - Sunday 19 January 2014 Bus replacement from 1400 Saturday and all day Sunday. »
    Sunday 26 January 2014 Bus replacement all day. »
    Saturday 1 February 2014 Trains diverted via Stratford. »
    Sunday 2 February 2014 Bus replacement until 09.10 »
    Monday 3 - Thursday 6 February 2014 Overnight Engineering Work »

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭benji2006

Thanks for that! I was planning on flying in for the Man Utd match on Sunday 1st Dec - it's hard to tell from the site, but I assume "Bus replacement until 10.55" means 10:55 in the morning and that there should be a train at 11am? - will be cutting it tight ....

As an aside, why is this match starting sooo early?

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

benji2006 wrote: »
    Thanks for that! I was planning on flying in for the Man Utd match on Sunday 1st Dec - it's hard to tell from the site, but I assume "Bus replacement until 10.55" means 10:55 in the morning and that there should be a train at 11am? - will be cutting it tight ....

I think because the players have to go xmas shopping with their moths straight after the match..shops shut at 6.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Yes there should be a train at 11am and yes it will be cutting it tight mate. It will take 35mins to get to Hale, hop in a taxi and he should have you there for kick off but you will not have any time to spare really IMO.

Here is why I think it is on so early. I see the game is on BT sport who usually have the early kick off on Saturday which means they would have had this fixture down for 12.45 on Saturday on tv. It was after this that we qualified for the Europa so game had to be moved to Sunday, BT still want to show it and had to show it at 12pm due to Sky having two games that day already. So basically TV rules the premier league fixture making decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Myself and a mate are going to the utd match too.I take it that the buses will run like the train to liverpool street?
    I imagine the 1st train will be jam packed so can guess the rush for taxis will be mental.
    Is it worth getting a taxi from the airport straight to the ground?Anyone willing to share?
    Just looked at prices and its 20 quid a head based on 8 sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Myself and a mate are going to the utd match too.I take it that the buses will run like the train to liverpool street?
    I imagine the 1st train will be jam packed so can guess the rush for taxis will be mental.
    Is it worth getting a taxi from the airport straight to the ground?Anyone willing to share?
    Just looked at prices and its 20 quid a head based on 8 sharing

A gang of us on here did this a few years back and worked out ok. I am not doing that game myself but if others on here are going it would be a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Thanks for putting that up,I'm going to the Liverpool game and it says Bus replacement until 10.55 so I presume we're ok for a train after that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Utd match - there is a train leaving stansted at 10.15, change at bishops stortford will have you at hale for 11.15

next train leaves stansted at 10.45, no changes, gets you to Hale for 11.19. Both will have you in plenty of time for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

tippspur wrote: »
    Thanks for putting that up,I'm going to the Liverpool game and it says Bus replacement until 10.55 so I presume we're ok for a train after that time.

yep, 10.45 train is running have you at hale for 11.17

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Lofty0990

Flying out from stanstead after newcastle in the evening ,match starts at 12 so how long will it take on bus ( first trip in32 years last time there as chap beat the Man U 3-1 in 1981 so a bit out of date on travel front)

Advertisement