Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resetting laptop

Options
  • 22-10-2013 3:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42

When I bought my laptop it didn't have anti virus or Microsoft word. I want to reset the laptop to give it a clean but I'm afraid I might loose both these programmes. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

When I bought my laptop it didn't have anti virus or Microsoft word. I want to reset the laptop to give it a clean but I'm afraid I might loose both these programmes. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Just reinstall office using the DVD you got with it after it gets wiped. If you got it via digital download find the email with the download link if you still have it. How did you buy office?

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 first doyle

yoyo wrote: »
    Just reinstall office using the DVD you got with it after it gets wiped. If you got it via digital download find the email with the download link if you still have it. How did you buy office?

Nick

If I remember correctly, I bought office in Harvey Normens and it was just a matter of typing in a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

If you have the code, then you're good. You'll be asked for it when reinstalling Word. What kind of antivirus program are you using?

Advertisement