Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage from Abroad

Options
  • 22-10-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi - I live in Costa Rica, and am enquiring about a mortgage for someone who lives abroad, as I'm looking to buy a residence.  I tried to use customer service, but you are not able to reach me via phone very easily.  Can someone respond to me via e-mail to answer a few general questions about the process?  Thanks.  ericrichardturner@hotmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi FromAbroad,

Thanks for your post.

To ensure you receive the most accurate and up to-date information, please contact a Mortgage Advisor in any one of our branches. They will be happy to assist you with any queries you may have in relation to mortgage applications and send this to you via email, if possible.

Please see here for our branch locator which will supply you with contact details for all our branches.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FromAbroad

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear. I am in Central America.  I can't drop by a local branch. I am looking for someone from BOI who will e-mail me directly to answer a few questions I have about obtaining a mortgage.  Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi FromAbroad,

Thanks for posting.

You can request a call-back from the Mortgage Department here

Thanks

Billy

My goodness. I've tried that. I live in Costa Rica, and I don't think you can call overseas, because I just get a form e-mail saying someone tried to contact me.  But they never actually rang any of the numbers provided.  If someone will call country code <snip> they will reach me directly. Or, a mortgage advisor at any branch can e-mail me at the address above and I can ask my very simple questions via e-mail, and save everyone 20 to 30 euro in phone charges.  This is the 21st century, and with all due respect, shouldn't be that hard.  Or, you could provide e-mail contacts for your local branches instead of only phone numbers, and I'll take it from there.  I believe I still have an account at the bank in Ballsbridge - or would probably do business with the bank in Cardonagh, County Donegal.  

I have to say, between this board, and your website, and your customer service, I am getting the runaround.  All I need is someone to e-mail, or someone to e-mail me.  Please help.  Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi FromAbroad,

We have asked for your post to be edited to remove your phone number and you may wish to remove your email address from your previous post.

We have made contact with the Mortgages Team and asked them to try calling you again on the number you've provided here. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi FromAbroad,

We have asked for your post to be edited to remove your phone number and you may wish to remove your email address from your previous post.

We have made contact with the Mortgages Team and asked them to try calling you again on the number you've provided here. 

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks - I will await their call - as it's a business number, I'm not terribly worried about unwanted contact.  Still not sure why an e-mail wouldn't suffice.

Given that there's a 7 hour time difference, it's hard for my schedule to meet the bank's hours... another reason for e-mail

Hi FromAbroad,

Initial contact has to be made by phone, if the Mortgage Team can accommodate you via email they will however this will depend on the content of information you require.

We can not offer any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if we can help with any general banking queries you may have.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi FromAbroad,

We are sorry you've had such difficulty making contact with us from abroad. We would also like to thank you for considering applying for a mortgage with Bank of Ireland.

We believe a Mortgage Advisor has been in contact with you by email. If you would like to reply to the email outlining your queries and the Advisor will be more than happy to assist you.

If there is anything we can help with in the future, please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks - so far, I have only received e-mails related to attempts to call that haven't gone through.  I would be happy if an advisor could write directly via e-mail.  Ulster Bank managed to do so.  These are very simple questions I need to ask. 

• Advertisement

Hi, apologies for the confusion FromAbroad, an email was sent this morning opening with an explanation that our Mortgage Team tried to contact you unsuccessfully.

In the body of this email, the Advisor stated that if you wish to reply with all your queries they would be happy to respond with the information requested, to your email address.

If you would like to DM us, we will be more than happy to supply you with the email address privately.

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

Paula C

I got the e-mail this morning, but missed the part where I could respond with my questions.  I see it now.  Thank you -  I will respond with the questions I have.  

That's great FromAbroad, we hope you receive the assistance you require.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement